Now I'm worried! shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlossFloss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a permanent resident of the states and obviously going to be applying to schools here. I shadowed a prosthodontist here for about 60 hours, but did the bulk of my shadowing back in my home country during my summer break. Now I'm hearing this might be bad??? Any thoughts? Is this acceptable D:

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
All the schools I spoke with emphasized shadowing a general dentist. One would only take a recommendation written by a general dentist.

All the schools I spoke with emphasized shadowing a general dentist. One would only take a recommendation written by a general dentist.
I did! My concern is for having done it abroad and not here.

I did! My concern is for having done it abroad and not here.

Sorry, my bad - I thought you only shadowed a prosthodontist. I'm not sure then. You could call the schools you're interested in and see what they recommend.

Try to do some more shadowing(especially general dentist) in US. Don't take any chances.

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I think you'll be fine.

Adcoms don't read your applications in that much detail, it probably won't even come up. But if it does: I'm sure you'll get some questions about how dentistry is in your home country: ie. access to care, materials used, insurance, procedures; and how it compares to the USA. Something fun to talk about.... Being able to talk about something you are comfortable with is key to a good interview. You hold the reigns.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user