Now or later

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ems2436

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide when to apply to pharmacy school. I have already taken the PCAT and have most prerequisites completed already. However, I am taking the PCAT again in June and will not get my scores back until August. Additionally, I will have completed another prerequisite by mid August. When I contacted the school I am really interested in they told me to go ahead and apply now with my current PCAT score and GPA. My question is: if I go ahead and apply now and not mid August, when I get my PCAT scores and updated transcript do I have to wait until December during the PHARMCAS academic update for schools to know my new scores? Or can I send them my new PCAT scores via Pharmcas and my new transcript sooner? Does anyone know how this works?

Members don't see this ad.

You might just want to wait till mid-August to find out your PCAT scores and your grade in the pre-requisite. I do not think that it will make such a great difference if you e-submit your application now or in mid-August because PharmCAS does not forward your application to the designated school until the beginning of August anyways. Thus, even if you submit it now, the schools will not see it until beginning of August. So you might as well wait till mid-August and have more updated application.

janeno said:
You might just want to wait till mid-August to find out your PCAT scores and your grade in the pre-requisite. I do not think that it will make such a great difference if you e-submit your application now or in mid-August because PharmCAS does not forward your application to the designated school until the beginning of August anyways. Thus, even if you submit it now, the schools will not see it until beginning of August. So you might as well wait till mid-August and have more updated application.

Is this true? I thought the earlier you submit your pharmcas, the earlier the schools will see it, and the better it is? My friend who get accepted said that she submit her pharmcas by mid July, submit supplemental applications by end July, and get accepted by Mid November.

Someone who knows for sure please help us out on this one.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know th answer for this?

Please share your experience...

If you read PharmCAS instructions, it says that they start forwarding your application to the designated schools in the beginning of August. In addition to that, some of the schools (at least the ones that I am considering) will post their supplementals only on Aug.1.