May 28, 2009
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    Ok. Here is my situation.

GPA & sGPA 3.32
    MCAT- get back on the 30th - may have to retake because PS kicked my *****

I have about 120 hours of ER and peds volunteering
    about 60 hours of research
    and 40 hours shadowing an MD

My application is pretty much ready to go.

Now... I finally got in touch with a DO who will let me shadow as long as a like a few times a week. I also have a job opportunity in a hospital that I may be able to start in the next week or two. (currently my only work experience is an on campus non medical job) On top of this I found another MD who is willing to let me shadow him as much as I like.

I currently volunteer 6 hours a week and do research for about 5 hours a week.

I don't know if I should wait for my MCAT and apply at the end of this month, or wait and use all these opportunities in a month and be a little later in the cycle.

Any opinions are appreciated.

COMedic2Doc

10+ Year Member
      Definitely apply early. I cannot emphasize this enough from previous experience that friends have relayed to me. I myself have not applied at this point, but as soon as this deployment to the desert is over trust me my application will be going in after completing some courses needed for the MCAT. Your MCAT score will catch up with your application and being able to defend your score should be fairly easy with the other stats that you are stating here. Definitely shadow the DO, and make sure that your LORs are in place earlier than later. Good luck!

About the Ads

FutureDocDO

1K Member
      10+ Year Member
      Apr 21, 2004
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        Submit your application NOW. Applying early is a HUGE advantage.

Ok. Here is my situation.

GPA & sGPA 3.32
        MCAT- get back on the 30th - may have to retake because PS kicked my *****

I have about 120 hours of ER and peds volunteering
        about 60 hours of research
        and 40 hours shadowing an MD

My application is pretty much ready to go.

Now... I finally got in touch with a DO who will let me shadow as long as a like a few times a week. I also have a job opportunity in a hospital that I may be able to start in the next week or two. (currently my only work experience is an on campus non medical job) On top of this I found another MD who is willing to let me shadow him as much as I like.

I currently volunteer 6 hours a week and do research for about 5 hours a week.

I don't know if I should wait for my MCAT and apply at the end of this month, or wait and use all these opportunities in a month and be a little later in the cycle.

Any opinions are appreciated.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.