Now what do i do? Need some advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobthesun

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was doing relatively alright for a pre-med. Went through 5 semesters wil A's and B's. Then i took genetics....I am not sure what it is about me and this class but I probably will not be receiving higher than a C maybe even a D. don't really know what to do but I just feel lost now. I had a 3.5ish gpa. But my genetics grade brought down all my other classes. Not badly but to the B to B+ level, where as before I should have been getting an A for sure. Finals are coming, feel deflated, not sure what to do?
advice. I guess i'll apply to smp but what is the process. Probably gonna take a year of but I don't know what job i can do.

Members don't see this ad.

Your immediate priority should be to ace your finals.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I was doing relatively alright for a pre-med. Went through 5 semesters wil A's and B's. Then i took genetics....I am not sure what it is about me and this class but I probably will not be receiving higher than a C maybe even a D. don't really know what to do but I just feel lost now. I had a 3.5ish gpa. But my genetics grade brought down all my other classes. Not badly but to the B to B+ level, where as before I should have been getting an A for sure. Finals are coming, feel deflated, not sure what to do?
advice. I guess i'll apply to smp but what is the process. Probably gonna take a year of but I don't know what job i can do.

I hear you man. I was doing awesome my first two years (GPA ~ 3.8) and my third year I just feel classes are not important or something (~3.5). I would say just start studying hard... talk to prof and see if he would be willing to raise your grade a little if you show significant improvement. Go to office hours to show dedication. I'm sure you're capable of doing better!

current sgpa 3.7ish
current cgpa 3.6ish
with a D in genetics things arent looking too good...
especially when i study soo hard for that and ignore my other classes.