NP Direct Care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

percyeye

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My sibling is in Nursing currently and is considering pursuing his NP degree. I have been talking to him about Direct Care clinics and taking cash only. Has anyone ever heard of a NP opening their own site and trying Direct care? Having menu style pricing etc.

Members don't see this ad.

My sibling is in Nursing currently and is considering pursuing his NP degree. I have been talking to him about Direct Care clinics and taking cash only. Has anyone ever heard of a NP opening their own site and trying Direct care? Having menu style pricing etc.

I think there was something similar to this in a town in Montana i took a travel assignment at. It worked well for them because there were so many transient oil workers with $$$ and not enough docs. I do not know if she had a "menu" style business model but she did a crap ton of cash transactions.

Reactions: 1 user
I think there was something similar to this in a town in Montana i took a travel assignment at. It worked well for them because there were so many transient oil workers with $$$ and not enough docs. I do not know if she had a "menu" style business model but she did a crap ton of cash transactions.
My thought is with the healthcare law changing (again) many are going to drop their insurances because of how expensive it is. So there may be a niche to provide cash based business with no copays etc that would be much cheaper to go to.

NPs in Arizona have been running their own practices for a long time. I'd imagine a number of them are Direct Primary Care practices but don't have stats around this.