NPTE Advice

Started by chung2509
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chung2509

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have just scheduled my NPTE for Oct 30th which is approximately 8 weeks away. I am currently a bit overwhelmed on how I should approach studying for this exam. I have the Scorebuilders Giles book and just ordered the Osullivan book. I also plan on taking the PEAT which my school has paid for. How should I approach studying for this? Any advice is appreciated!!
 
This is what I did and passed on 1st try in 2012.
1. Take a practice test simulating testing environment, meaning no cell phone, disruptions,
or extended breaks.
2. Take a week to go over results, review weaknesses, study, etc...
3. Take another practice test and repeat.
You have 8 weeks so you can go through 7-8 practice tests.

Good luck.
 
I have just scheduled my NPTE for Oct 30th which is approximately 8 weeks away. I am currently a bit overwhelmed on how I should approach studying for this exam. I have the Scorebuilders Giles book and just ordered the Osullivan book. I also plan on taking the PEAT which my school has paid for. How should I approach studying for this? Any advice is appreciated!!
did u pass ur exam?will appreciate ur response...m planning to tk it in jan 2014...
 
did u pass ur exam?will appreciate ur response...m planning to tk it in jan 2014...

yes i passed with a 80....i mostly read the book, (read giles and skimmed osullivan) and then took the practice tests. I took 8 practice tests and for every question I got wrong or was not sure about, I wrote down the answer and what I should know in a notebook. Then I studied studied from that notebook as well.