1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

nrevous!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by NMH2001, Oct 5, 2002.

1. NMH2001

NMH2001 Ferret Momma
    10+ Year Member

Help me out folks...is it true that if you are granted an interview your numbers must have been acceptable? :( :( :(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctortobee

Doctortobee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Someone please answer!

4. drchris33

drchris33 MSIV
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you have been granted an interview, depending on the school and your rap sheet, someone on the committee must have seen something that they like. I mean if they thought you weren't worth an interview then they wouldn't have given you the opportunity.

Hope this helps.....email me if you have more questions

Chris

5. Gettoblaster

Gettoblaster New Member

I'll agree with drchris33 - the interview process is a pretty competitive one, so if you've been invited, that's a pretty good sign. I think a general "rule" is that a typical school will interview between 2 and 3 times as many people as they have positions for (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). I do know, however, that numbers are never the whole story. Many admissions committees look at how well rounded a student is overall, not just in their grades and MCAT scores... still doesn't explain how I got in, tho :hardy: Good luck, and feel free to contact me with any other concerns.

Gettoblaster
    KCOM c/o 2006