NRH Prematch?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyanocobalamin

M4
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heard on the trail that NRH has prematched some of its spots already. Is there any truth to this? How does this generally work? And is it common?

Members don't see this ad.

cyanocobalamin said:
Heard on the trail that NRH has prematched some of its spots already. Is there any truth to this? How does this generally work? And is it common?

Foreign and osteopathic applicants are eligible, UCONN students are not.

prefontaine said:
Foreign and osteopathic applicants are eligible, UCONN students are not.

Sorry - didn't mean to step on any toes. Just not familiar with the whole concept, match and stuff..it's all very confusing and if there are places already gone before the match even starts it seems even more frustrating to spend money and time to interview at a location that fills before the match.

I guess this will be my last post.

Members don't see this ad :)
cyanocobalamin said:
Sorry - didn't mean to step on any toes. Just not familiar with the whole concept, match and stuff..it's all very confusing and if there are places already gone before the match even starts it seems even more frustrating to spend money and time to interview at a location that fills before the match.

I guess this will be my last post.

Relax B, just messing with you.

I am a PGY-4 resident at NRH who has been closely involved with the interview process. I have not heard anything about NRH pre-matching anyone at this time. I will try and find out more information and share if I can. Technically only foreign medical students can circumvent the match by pre-matching, I am not sure about Osteopathic applicants.

mehul_25 said:
I am a PGY-4 resident at NRH who has been closely involved with the interview process. I have not heard anything about NRH pre-matching anyone at this time. I will try and find out more information and share if I can. Technically only foreign medical students can circumvent the match by pre-matching, I am not sure about Osteopathic applicants.

they closed the loophole, DOs can not sign to an allopathic program prematch (used to be able to), unless the program does not submit any spots in the match. (yes there are plenty of programs who fill without going to the match).

I spoke with our program director today and he assured me that NRH had NOT prematched anyone and has no intention of doing so...

mehul_25 said:
I spoke with our program director today and he assured me that NRH had NOT prematched anyone and has no intention of doing so...

bump