prominence

15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2001
Status
Attending Physician
the NRMP website indicates that the quota for a psychiatry residency program that i am interested has only 1 categorical position.

however, FREIDA Online states that this same program has 4 PGY-1 positions.

this program has previously given "prematches" in the past, but i havent heard at all from them. can i assume that the 3 other spots went "prematch"?

i would appreciate any thoughts on this topic. thanks.

Amy

15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
Status
Attending Physician
The best thing to do is call the program and ask. FREIDA is unreliable.

PTP

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
Status
prominence said:
the NRMP website indicates that the quota for a psychiatry residency program that i am interested has only 1 categorical position.

however, FREIDA Online states that this same program has 4 PGY-1 positions.

this program has previously given "prematches" in the past, but i havent heard at all from them. can i assume that the 3 other spots went "prematch"?

i would appreciate any thoughts on this topic. thanks.
Its most likely the other spots were prematched. I had the same question about other programs and contacted the PD at 2 differents places and both said those spots were filled outside the match.

joedogma

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2004
Waiting for Cap and Gown
Visit site
Status
I would trust the NRMP numbers. Most likely these were prematches, filled at upper levels, or the program has lost funding for spots. Freida is good for general info, but some of the info on that site is just plain false...I don't think they update it very often.

Winged Scapula

Cougariffic!
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2000
forums.studentdoctor.net
Status
Attending Physician
NRMP data is definitely the most reliable and up to date. However, as to the status of the other 3 positions, best check with the program. They may have 4 funded positions, but only offer 1 through the match, or may have permission to have 4 positions but only have funds for 1, which is offered through the match, or may have filled those others outside of the match.