NRMP Regional Stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yeti00

She-Ra Princess of Power
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Relieved to find out I matched somewhere today, BUT, I have a question on the regional stats...

According to the NRMP directory, there should be 23 spots in what I hope to match into (Peds/Psych/Child Psych), but on the Regional Stats published today, only 21 spots are listed (20 filled/1 unfilled). What the heck? Does that mean that a program pulled out or that some accepted less than the stated quota??

Any thoughts would greatly calm my nerves!

yeti00

Members don't see this ad.

maybe they offered 2 prematch slots? That seems a little less likely with a triple board program though. Maybe they took some PGY2 transfers?

Thanks for the reply... I guess I'm just confused because if it was a prematch, shouldn't it change the quota listed on the directory? I know one program increased its number of spots, and that change went into the directory pretty quickly?

*deep breathing*

yeti00

Where's the link to the regional stats? I don't see it on the NRMP page.

Is it just me or do some of those stats seem to be off?

Take Derm in the North East for example. There were 0 positions available? I'm guessing they don't have any skin problems in a land of little to no sunlight :)

Take Derm in the North East for example. There were 0 positions available? I'm guessing they don't have any skin problems in a land of little to no sunlight
You are misreading the chart. There were 0 positions available in the Northeast in Derm starting PGY-1. The overwhelming majority of derm programs start PGY-2, after a year of prelim medicine or transitional year. Look in the chart below it - you will find 97 derm positions in the Northeast, all of which filled.

Take Derm in the North East for example. There were 0 positions available? I'm guessing they don't have any skin problems in a land of little to no sunlight :)

Derm's usually listed as a PGY-2 position.