NRMP Registration FAIL!! Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RectalProlapse

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need some help/advice por favor:

I decided to quickly, and thus carelessly, register for the NRMP fellowship match this evening, but my brain decided selecting "Register for Main Residency Match" sounded like a better option. Paid and clicked submit, immediately realizing I'm an idiot! Tried to re-register for Medical Specialties Match, stated I was already registered for another match........ cannot register for NRMP until the Match for which I was already registered for was over (cant remember exact wording of statement). Proceeded to withdraw from the residency NRMP and tried again, same statement appeared. Obviously I did this after the helpline closed for the evening, if anyone would be kind enough to provided some thoughts, advice, reassurance that such clerical oversight would NOT ACTUALLY prevent me from being able to match into fellowship this year, I would greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

The answer to your question is: Call the NRMP. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $100.

I am certain they will fix the problem for you. They are not in the business of making people miserable. At least not intentionally.

Reactions: 2 users
Need some help/advice por favor:

I decided to quickly, and thus carelessly, register for the NRMP fellowship match this evening, but my brain decided selecting "Register for Main Residency Match" sounded like a better option. Paid and clicked submit, immediately realizing I'm an idiot! Tried to re-register for Medical Specialties Match, stated I was already registered for another match........ cannot register for NRMP until the Match for which I was already registered for was over (cant remember exact wording of statement). Proceeded to withdraw from the residency NRMP and tried again, same statement appeared. Obviously I did this after the helpline closed for the evening, if anyone would be kind enough to provided some thoughts, advice, reassurance that such clerical oversight would NOT ACTUALLY prevent me from being able to match into fellowship this year, I would greatly appreciate it.
SAME MISTAKE!! Please let me know if they actually helped you. I also tried to call but no answer since I called after 5.30pm. I already emailed and left a voicemail. I am so worry.

SAME MISTAKE!! Please let me know if they actually helped you. I also tried to call but no answer since I called after 5.30pm. I already emailed and left a voicemail. I am so worry.
I emailed the support@nrmp? as well as called the next morning. The refunded my $80 and fixed the problem within 30 mins and I was able to register for the RIGHT Match!

I emailed the support@nrmp? as well as called the next morning. The refunded my $80 and fixed the problem within 30 mins and I was able to register for the RIGHT Match!
They just answered in minutes too. Fewwww. Thank you

They just answered in minutes too. Fewwww. Thank you

I'm surprised they fixed it, it seems like most of these medical organizations have a "no refund ever for anything policy" and don't give a damn about students. They are about one thing, making their "not for profit" as large of a profit as possible, legal or illegal, ethical or unethical.