NRMP website before email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

opencomedo

Blissfully Ignorant
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that match info may be on the NRMP website before the email is sent to us... Does anyone know if that is true or not? Thanks and good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

What's up with all the rumors and pre-12pm EST psychosis? Nothing will happen before the email. 3 hours left. Finding out 12 minutes before the email will not make any difference :)

I doubled my dose of seroquel for today thank you very much...

care to share? plzzzz :rolleyes:

I heard a rumor that match info may be on the NRMP website before the email is sent to us... Does anyone know if that is true or not? Thanks and good luck to all!

It's probably true by about 5-10 minutes depending on your email host server speed. NRMP can control when they send the email, they can't control when you see it in your inbox.

As per the NRMP website, at 12:00 noon today the message of "congratulations you have matched" or something rather less desirable will be disclosed on the applicant's options page. In other words, if you log in at noon, the first page "options page" that you see is supposed to have the message.

As for the seroquel, that sounds like a great idea. I guess I'll have to stick with scotch.

Makers.... +ice & water if I match, -water if I dont

Best of luck today to all...:thumbup:

matched... blackberry at 11:50

crappy subject line "Did I Match?". lol

MATCHED YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

EDIT: Website is also up to date with results.

Best of luck guys!

I actually received the email before the info was posted online....

Email time 11:51am

I MATCHED!! WOOOO HOOO!!!

Its the middle of the day and I dont know what to do with myself!!!!

Now what?

1)drink myself silly
2)sleep until thursday
3)run around the streets of chi telling everyone I matched!

hmmmm...

Its the middle of the day and I dont know what to do with myself!!!!

Now what?

1)drink myself silly
2)sleep until thursday
3)run around the streets of chi telling everyone I matched!

hmmmm...

Those are not mutually exclusive you know. #3 runs the risk of injury/arrest so I might hold off on that one but #1 and #2 are kind of a no brainer.

I actually received the email before the info was posted online....

Email time 11:51am

I MATCHED!! WOOOO HOOO!!!

For me it was vice versa... I found out online at around 11:20am (central) and I still hadn't received any email at that point yet (same with someone else in my class).

Email time: 11:51AM EST

Sent straight to my BlackBerry as my team was still rounding.

God Bless the magic of push email! :)

I was seated in front of my computer and looking forward to the suspense during the last minute and at 11:50 received the 'did I match' e-mail!! So I guess the NRMP decided to be kind and send it a little earlier in order to kill the anticipation? The site wasn't updated till 12:00. For a moment I wondered if it was some kind of a sick prank!

I love having a blackberry... let's see if it works tomorrow!! :)

I love having a blackberry... let's see if it works tomorrow!! :)

I'm unaware of any emails being sent tomorrow? I know we can log on to the NRMP site at 1PM to check where we get into. But most schools hold their Match Ceremonies at noon or earlier.

Sadly, my iPhone doesn't have push email. (Either that or I've set it up wrong. :laugh:)

I'm unaware of any emails being sent tomorrow? I know we can log on to the NRMP site at 1PM to check where we get into. But most schools hold their Match Ceremonies at noon or earlier.

Sadly, my iPhone doesn't have push email. (Either that or I've set it up wrong. :laugh:)

iPhone DOES have push e-mail, so you're setting it up wrong :) go to "fetch new data" under settings.