NS and TPR exam progress

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ging7452

Just a guy trying to be a Dr
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering of anyone can give any input on test score interpretation. I have taken 9+TPR FL exams and never ever break 500 over the last few months. I think 495 was the highest. I have started to take NS exams and break 500 on every test I take. I was wondering how to interpret this, which one is more accurate of possible scores on the real deal. I am having a hard time determining where I stand and tracking progress. An AAMC FL I took aligned more with my TPR score of 495 but that seems odd to me since the NS exams seemed so much harder when I was taking them, to the point that I was shocked when I saw my score. It is consistently stated that TPR is ridiculously hard and convoluted and I am even reading this about NS. How should I interpret these results? Most people say NS and TPR are deflated but they also say that AAMC FL scoring is most predictive. I just want to be able to have a good indicator of what I should expect on the real test. People are telling me 502-506 on NS is a good place to be and I will probably do better on the real MCAT but I am a little suspicious of NS's current scaling, it might be too forgiving? Plus it' hard to take that advice to heart when my AAMC FL was low and my TPR tests were ~10 points lower.

Members don't see this ad.

It certainly seems NS has adjusted their scaling to be more accurate. How are you current NS Fl scores?

Last edited:
NS exams "can" be inflated if you are scoring around 500-505
however TPR is known to deflate your scores.

take the aamc unscored sample test and see what % you get right

It certainly seems MS has adjusted their scaling to be more accurate. How are you current NS Fl scores?

They're all low 500s with Chem/Phys being the lowest usually. On NS I feel like I guess more but the score ends up being better, it's really weird.

NS exams "can" be inflated if you are scoring around 500-505
however TPR is known to deflate your scores.

take the aamc unscored sample test and see what % you get right

That's what worries me because my scores are within that range :(

Would it be a good idea to take a practice AAMC full length to asses progress?