Quantcast

NSU-COM or UHS-COM???

Join BeMo Premed MasterMind Club®
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiwi26

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
phew~so I'm finally done with interviews...however~I'm torn between UHS-COM and NSU-COM! They're both really great schools! the genesis curriculum @ UHS makes more sense to me, but the facilities are a little outdated compared to that of NSU-COM....and do I really wanna go some place where I'm gonna get snowed in? or Florida where it's always nice and sunny????Anyone out there who had the same trouble with picking one school out of the two? What were your reasons for picking NSU-COM (or UHS-COM) over UHS-COM (NSU-COM)????thanks guys :D

bigmuny

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
UHS is great, but not so great as to freeze your butt off for 2-4 years. UHS=gray, cold, snow, and fat pasty skinned midwesterners. NSU=sun, beaches, bikinis, and hot tan floridians. Hmmm. Are you really having trouble with this decision?

Doctor Peloncito

Family Physician
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Go to where you will be happy. You will get a good education at UHS. I can't really speak for NSU-COM. I'm from California and I'm doing fine with the weather here.

Personally, I wouldn't base my decision on climate.

bigmuny

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Base your decision on where you will be most comfy and have the most FUN. Believe me, no curriculum is really any better than another. You are going to have to work your butt off either way, and that being the case, it would be much nicer being some place nice to enjoy your down time.