NSU-COM secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Treese

Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does NSU-COM screen for their secondary or is it sent to every one that applies? Are there essays on there secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Does NSU-COM screen for their secondary or is it sent to every one that applies? Are there essays on there secondary?

As far as i know, they do send it to everyone (someone correct me if im wrong) .. and there are no essays, however, they do want you to list certain things, like jobs, healthcare-related experiences ... etc.

The impression I have received is that they screen their interview invites .. not everyone is invited to their interview session ... again, someone correct me if im wrong.

hope it helps, good luck!

As far as i know, they do send it to everyone (someone correct me if im wrong) .. and there are no essays, however, they do want you to list certain things, like jobs, healthcare-related experiences ... etc.

The impression I have received is that they screen their interview invites .. not everyone is invited to their interview session ... again, someone correct me if im wrong.

hope it helps, good luck!
yeah you are correct Dr. Inviz. They send everybody secondaries but not everyone gets interviews. If you get an interview you have an about 80% chance of acceptance. And there is no essay on the NSU secondary, they only see your primary AACOMAS essay.

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah you are correct Dr. Inviz. They send everybody secondaries but not everyone gets interviews. If you get an interview you have an about 80% chance of acceptance. And there is no essay on the NSU secondary, they only see your primary AACOMAS essay.

Good Luck!

Hmm..so they don't read the other parts of the AACOMAS? I'm confused? They base alot on the secondary is what you are saying? Is there really a 80% chance if offered an interview..that's promising:love:

Hmm..so they don't read the other parts of the AACOMAS? I'm confused? They base alot on the secondary is what you are saying? Is there really a 80% chance if offered an interview..that's promising:love:

they do look at all of aacomas, but they only use Personal statement for essay since they dont ask it in secondary. and yes, 80-85% chance of acceptance following interview because of the screening.

It's actually a 87% chance of acceptance. Really high huh...mind you though, it's getting the interview that is the harder part. Overall, it's a 14.4% acceptance rate.

They look at the whole package, ECs, essays, MCAT, GPA.

yes they do look over your primary and secondary completely when considering you for an interview. It is just they send you a secondary regardless and then evaluate you for the interview. The personal statement in the primary is important since it is the only statement you write (the NSU secondary has no essay section) and of course your GPA, MCAT and ECs will be listed there as well (as well as on the secondary). And yes there is a very good chance that if you receive an interview you will be accepted.

Thanks for all the info guys..I really hope to get an interview...need to get my lor's in..just sent off the sig page...