NSU Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorRx1986

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, future NOVA classmates. Are any of you guys going to be living on campus in one of the graduate dorms?

Members don't see this ad.

I might, but I have no clue about how things are ... hopefully we'll get more info.

Hey, future NOVA classmates. Are any of you guys going to be living on campus in one of the graduate dorms?
I received an email from NOVA about graduate housing, kinda expensive though...I am living off campus

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering the same thing too, if anybody is going to live in their graduate halls. I am personally interested in living in one of the new Rolling Hills complexes. I'm on spring break so I went to go visit Nova yesterday and I picked up one of their fliers, and yeah they're really expensive but they're all-inclusive, (private kitchen, bathroom, elevator, laundry rooms on different floors, internet, furnished apt, cable tv, telephone and even has a shuttle bus en route to the hpd building). They also have themed floors with a resident adviser who can assist with information about pharmacy school. The single rooms are from $5500-6115/semester and the quads are $3060/semester. I could live at home since I'm from Miami and it's only about a 15 min drive to davie, but I think it would be worth living there because I think living on campus is more conducive to studying. If anyone knows more about applying for these please PM me, maybe we can be roommates!

Oh wow! Those prices ARE expensive ... I thought they would be cheaper since they are school apartments after all, but man, talk about expensive!

Oh wow! Those prices ARE expensive ... I thought they would be cheaper since they are school apartments after all, but man, talk about expensive!

Sure, they are expensive, but keep in mind that even if you live off campus, in the Ft. Lauderdale area, a decent place might cost you about $800 per month on top of all the other expenses such as gas, electricity, telephone bill, etc... You may be able to split the expenses with a roommate, but make sure you find a good and responsible one anyway. Also be aware of the stress involved in driving to and from Miami and the cost of gasoline. All in all, living on campus might seem very expensive, but those expenses might be less than living off campus and cause a lot stress. Personally, I would be interested in choosing the cheapest dorm possible, the one about $3,000 per semester. $6,000 total for two terms isn't that bad.

I would be in the same situation but luckily my parents are retiring and bought a condo in Hillsboro Beach (20 minutes from campus). I was hoping to have a little beach party for all the incoming P1s during orientation week because the condo has its own private beach. I'll let everyone know when we meet!

Well, my house is about 30 min from the campus, so it's not that bad. I'm gonna get an apartment, hopefully with a roommate, but I hope I can get a better price than those in the campus.

I went to nova for undergrad....and I promise with the traffic in the morning you will want to live much closer to campus....there are a couple of apartment complexes near by...check out palm trace landings- they have up to 4 bedroom apartments so you can share...maybe live on campus your first year but after that you will be dying to live off campus!!!!! There use to be a lot more apartment complexes but they turned condo...good luck!

I went to nova for undergrad....and I promise with the traffic in the morning you will want to live much closer to campus....there are a couple of apartment complexes near by...check out palm trace landings- they have up to 4 bedroom apartments so you can share...maybe live on campus your first year but after that you will be dying to live off campus!!!!! There use to be a lot more apartment complexes but they turned condo...good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I heard the story of I-95 traffic and experienced it a bit during my interview, but I cannot pass up free rent for 3-4 years (as long as my parents are still living in PA). I deal with a decent amount of traffic on I-95 up here in PA/Delaware.

There are a lot of classifieds and apartments not so far for a decent price. I plan on getting one by late july or sometime around that. Maybe we can connect thru here if we need roommates :)