NSU INTERVIEW and NSU PHARM STUDENTS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MayaRx

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I recently had an Interview at NSU. I don't really think it went all that great.
A. Very intimidated by the group that was interviewing me, my voice got so shaky.
B. I think I may of contradicted myself once or twice
On the other hand they liked some of my answers, again I don't know if that was sarcasm. Infact one of the interviwers said that they felt I couldn't handle their school. Im feeling really down about this, but it is somewhere I so want to go. Did Anyone have a similar situation and get in?
Whats the next step, should I write a thank you explaining myself in the interview? HELP PLEASE!

Members don't see this ad.

MayaRx said:
...should I write a thank you explaining myself in the interview? HELP PLEASE!

I wouldn't write a note explaining yourself. I don't think there's a positive spin for that situation. You think you bombed an interview (or possibly did), it's not the end of the world. It's important to realize that environment breeds success as much as drive, desire and ability. If you didn't connect with anyone in the interview, what makes you feel you can be successful in that school?

If getting into NSU is so important, take this cycle off and visit the school often. Find out as much as you can, get face time with everyone there and practice interviewing for weeks before the '07 entrance cycle.

Do you think that having an interview where you didnt connect to the interviewers you still might have a chance. I mean I stuck to my answers but I said it with a shaky voice cause I was so nervous. There were a couple of moments where they said they liked my answers. The thing is I dont care where I get in, but just somewhere. I just feel nervous and not confident about 2 other interviews I have left. I interviewed last year and just got on the W.L. for two schools, so i guess that is why I am acting so crazy. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Assuming that you didn't give completely hare-brained answers (unlikely), I don't think there are right or wrong answers. Personally when I interview for jobs, how they say something is vastly more important then what they say. However, I work with attorneys and they eat unsure people alive and spit out the bones.

I would either invest in some interviewing classes OR go through your school to the student center and use their interview prep class. It does not sound like you need academic help rather practice interviewing. The only thing that's going to help you get better at interviewing is doing it over and over.

Dear MayaRx,
I think by NSU you mean Nova? I'm not sure if there are any other Pharm schools that are "NSU". I remember my NSU interview was also very stressful. I guess it depends on who interviews you, but many of the NSU faculty and admissions staff can be intimidating, to say the least. NSU is a great school, however, it is much more formal and businesslike than the other schools I looked at. During my interview at another FL school, they were very friendly, and I thought the interview went great -- and I waited 5 months only to find out that I did not get in.

I also left my NSU interview feeling unsure of how it went. At the NSU interview they tend to ask you very direct questions. And they want, direct, concise answers. A couple times during my interview, I remember them saying something like, "that's nice, but that's not what we're asking". They also asked questions about some of my lower grades from undergrad. But, I only had to wait 10 days after the interview for an acceptance letter -- which came as a bit of a shock.

I hope this post helps others that have NSU interviews coming up. And I wish you the best of luck!