NSU KPCOM Post-Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SMDOctor

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently debating the NSU-KPCOM postbac. They say that you are guaranteed a seat if you score a GPA of 3.6 or higher. Can anyone who is in the program or also considering it reply to this thread. I have so many questions.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,

I am currently debating the NSU-KPCOM postbac. They say that you are guaranteed a seat if you score a GPA of 3.6 or higher. Can anyone who is in the program or also considering it reply to this thread. I have so many questions.

Thanks
I've been told its an interview and not a guaranteed seat anymore.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Thanks
I've also heard the same thing as goodtime. They are transitioning from the silent, expected "If you do well you will get in" to "if you do well you will get an interview but we aren't guaranteeing anything at all."

my email said it's guaranteed
Sorry I wasn’t being clear. I meant guaranteed acceptance. There was this unspoken agreement (or at least pattern seen in previous that classes that if you got at least B’s in all your classes you would be accepted). They are supposedly moving away from that and is no longer the case. They are guaranteeing an interview but even if you obtain a high GPA no one knows what your chances will be anymore for an acceptance.

Sorry I wasn’t being clear. I meant guaranteed acceptance. There was this unspoken agreement (or at least pattern seen in previous that classes that if you got at least B’s in all your classes you would be accepted). They are supposedly moving away from that and is no longer the case. They are guaranteeing an interview but even if you obtain a high GPA no one knows what your chances will be anymore for an acceptance.

I actually spoke with them on the phone, they interview you in person for the post-bac becasue if you do make that 3.6 you are guaranteed an acceptance, there's no interview afterwards. She said while we interview you we are also intervieiwng you for the DO school.

I am also talking about the alternate offer postbac not the regular one that is on their website (40k), apparently this one isn't offered to all students?

I am also talking about the alternate offer postbac not the regular one that is on their website (40k), apparently this one isn't offered to all students?
How did you get the offer?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hey, do you mind sharing your story on how you got the offer?? I can't direct message you.

Hey sure!

They sent me an email saying we are offering you this program as a preferred candidate as your GPA and MCAT fall between this range. If you do this program and get a 3.6 GPA you are guaranteed a spot in the osteopathic medical school next year and if you get a GPA between 3.0-3.59 you are guaranteed an interview for the following year.

Hey sure!

They sent me an email saying we are offering you this program as a preferred candidate as your GPA and MCAT fall between this range. If you do this program and get a 3.6 GPA you are guaranteed a spot in the osteopathic medical school next year and if you get a GPA between 3.0-3.59 you are guaranteed an interview for the following year.

Can you inbox me? I'm very curious about it. Did you apply for their current DO cycle? How did you sign up for them to get such email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All,
Here is my 2 cents on the program as it is in its current state. The program is not well planned. The grading and exams make it extremely difficult to achieve the 3.6. The director of the program is not very communicative on changes. Midterm and final exams have several questions that were unfair and were counted towards the grade. Although the professors are open to questions, they often are not in charge of syllabi and course schedules. The administration is using the guarantee to med school to lure students with no other options. Please try all your other options before considering this program.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi there,
I read somewhere on sdn that this masters program is not offered anymore. Is this true?

I am a bit confused. I applied to the Master of Biomedical Science program. Is this different than the one being referred to in this thread? If so can someone link me with the postbacc program's page?

Hi All,
Here is my 2 cents on the program as it is in its current state. The program is not well planned. The grading and exams make it extremely difficult to achieve the 3.6. The director of the program is not very communicative on changes. Midterm and final exams have several questions that were unfair and were counted towards the grade. Although the professors are open to questions, they often are not in charge of syllabi and course schedules. The administration is using the guarantee to med school to lure students with no other options. Please try all your other options before considering this program.

Hi,

Were you a student in this program. If so I was wondering if you could pm me. I have some questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi,

Were you a student in this program. If so I was wondering if you could pm me. I have some questions.

Hi I got the email for the program today, would you mind sharing info that you get about the program? I'm curious about how it is set up and how rigorous the classes actually are. There's almost no information online about it.

Hi I got the email for the program today, would you mind sharing info that you get about the program? I'm curious about how it is set up and how rigorous the classes actually are. There's almost no information online about it.
Sorry for being MIA, we had finals lol. I received an email. To be completely frank, the program and its tuition money is set up to lure people who don't have much of a choice but definitely want to get into medical school. There is no information online because it is a completely new program and administration and the directors of the program are not proactive. I am not trying to put down the program. If you have no choice, you can opt for the post bac but I definitely think quality of education is poor. It is advertised as a flip classroom format but I believe the professors should really come prepared with the material to answer questions. Often times, we learned from our peers who had taken some of the classes previously. The program seemed like an afterthought since most profs were dedicating all their time to teaching medical students. That being said, the reason that students succeeded is because we worked extremely hard DESPITE the program's inefficiency. I don't mean for this to be a negative post but I wish someone had told me these things before joining the program and spending close to 20k. Professors would make major blunders while teaching us or just claim that they don't know the material. Students learn through an online resource of videos. All this being said, the professors are available for office hours but definitely had their favorites, which is natural I guess. However, professors and administration made it seem like they were doing us a favor. This is not the case since we are paying for the program. If the material was immense, we were told that they were prepping us for medical school. However, we did not have the same resources such as tutoring or time from professors. We were scared of the administration and were forced to be sycophantic since for a lot of us, this was our biggest shot at getting into med school. The director would often state deadlines for grades or professors would promise that powerpoints would be up to study from, but everything seemed to come in much later. Part of being a medical school is to be responsible. When the professors or administration isn't, then how can the students learn to be? When it comes to exams, there was a large amount of obvious laziness when it came to writing the questions from some NOT ALL professors. Questions would be repeated so if you got it wrong once, well you got it wrong another three times. We were able to "challenge" questions but the process was time consuming and inefficient since we cannot write down the questions we want to challenge. Additionally, we weren't allowed to see the questions we got wrong. We could only see the topic that we didn't get right. Professors would state that certain material would DEFINITELY NOT be tested and the exam would test that exact material. The program lacks responsible directors, respect for postbacs, and proper education. All of this being said, please be aware of these things and make the decision that best suits you. I am merely stating these points because I do NOT want someone to go into this program as blindly as my peers and I did.

If you guys are able to speak with my peers in interviews, etc, keep in mind that these interviews are monitored by the director of the program so prior students are unlikely to voice concerns especially because we haven't received our exam results and final grades yet. But i promise you, the concerns I have stated hold a pretty strong consensus among everyone in the class.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone - I recently received an interview for NSU's certificate in health professions program. Does anyone have any advice for the interview/would anyone who is currently in the program/who completed it shed any light on the courses/overall program? any help, advice, info would be appreciated! :) thanks everyone

I just recently interviewed for this program If anyone has more questions about it

Do any of you know about the guaranteed interview at the Allopathic school for the masters in biomedical sciences? It seems that this is the first year they are doing this?

^ Yes, on the biomedical sciences website for the allopathic medical school, it is mentioned that they receive a guarenteed interview as well!

^ Yes, on the biomedical sciences website for the allopathic medical school, it is mentioned that they receive a guarenteed interview as well!
do you, by any chance, know about the outcomes of the program?

Hi all, I just interviewed and got into the program if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me

Hi all, I just interviewed and got into the program if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me

Hello- are you using this program to get into their other professional program- and if so which one? Also how was the interview?

Hello- are you using this program to get into their other professional program- and if so which one? Also how was the interview?
Yes, I’m trying to get into their osteopathic program. The interview was very relaxed. Something I’ve realized with these medical school interviews is that it truly just depends on the faculty members you get. I was lucky enough to have one member that was super friendly and light hearted which not only calmed my nerve but allowed me to answer the questions more properly.

Is there a Facebook group or anything that they send accepted students. I haven’t received any further communication since the acceptance.

Accepted today as well, looking forward to meet y'all! Hopefully it's in person. From the email, it looks like they're planning to have in person classes.

Accepted today as well, looking forward to meet y'all! Hopefully it's in person. From the email, it looks like they're planning to have in person classes.
Hey! are you doing the allopathic interview route?

Hey! are you doing the allopathic interview route?
Hey! No this program is for the D.O. program only. I believe the M.S in Biomedical sciences program at the Davie campus is for the allopathic interview, while this is a guaranteed acceptance with a 3.6!

Hey! No this program is for the D.O. program only. I believe the M.S in Biomedical sciences program at the Davie campus is for the allopathic interview, while this is a guaranteed acceptance with a 3.6!
oh okay! I'm still trying to find more information on the allopathic route but I cant find any threads haha. Thank you for your response!

What’s the interview for the program like? I interviewed for the Med school and I’m wondering if it’s similar questions?

What’s the interview for the program like? I interviewed for the Med school and I’m wondering if it’s similar questions?
I didn’t interview for the med school but it’s just like the med school interviews I’ve had

Hi! How long after the interview did it take for you to hear back?

Recently accepted into this program. Feel free to DM me with any questions you may have and I’ll try my best to answer them.