NSU KPCOM vs VCOM Carolinas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre_med_2020

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how these two schools rank when compared to one another?

Some things off the top of my head that may factor into decisions: NSU is about 100 grand more expensive after 4 years, does not have mandatory attendance like VCOM, and has a more relaxed dress code from what I have been told. It obviously is in a better location as well.

In terms of match lists: Here is NSU's (DO Match List Thread 2020) and here is VCOM Carolina's for this year (Residency Match Locations | VCOM - The Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine)

Finally in terms of comlex, VCOM seems to have a 97 % pass rate compared to Nova's 92%. I know NSU gets a lot of bad rep on SDN, but I have reached out to many current first and second years who absolutely love the new board focused curriculum and had nothing but positives to say for the most part.

Lastly, here is some advice I was given about their residency situation ". A DO is a DO, though some have in-house residency programs (like NSU). Personally if it were my choice, I’d take Fort Lauderdale and in-house residency programs over the Carolinas, but you may have other priorities "

Any advice you guys have is genuinely appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same situation right now. Which school did you decide to attend? How is your experience there currently?