NSU Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sasevan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just sent in this past week application to AACOMAS and AMCAS; not certified in either cause still awaiting all transcripts. However, two MD schools have already sent me secondaries but no DO school yet.
Do any DO schools, especially NSU, send secondaries prior to AACOMAS certification?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

sasevan said:
Just sent in this past week application to AACOMAS and AMCAS; not certified in either cause still awaiting all transcripts. However, two MD schools have already sent me secondaries but no DO school yet.
Do any DO schools, especially NSU, send secondaries prior to AACOMAS certification?
Thanks.

My AACOMAS was barely certified when I got an NSU Nova COM secondary email, the first one, so they apparently don't waste too much time. OSUCOM doesn't filter; you can download and send in their secondary any time you want.

sasevan said:
Thanks.

As soon as my aacomas application was mailed about 3 business days later I got my secondary from NSU. The first out of ten.

Members don't see this ad :)
NSU really likes to get out Secondary applications early, and they also interview and accept early. 2 yrs ago when I aplied, I was accepted in September...and that was before they had secondary applications online--I suspect the process is even a bit quicker now.

kylecare said:
As soon as my aacomas application was mailed about 3 business days later I got my secondary from NSU. The first out of ten.
hi,
was this prior to or after your aacomas application was certified?

This is very exciting..Good to see that Nova is on the ball. It is still my number 1 :love:

Does anyone know if they screen for their secondaries and if so what is the criteria?

sasevan said:
hi,
was this prior to or after your aacomas application was certified?

It was submitted in June and processed in July. Mailed to schools on July 29.

kylecare said:
It was submitted in June and processed in July. Mailed to schools on July 29.
thanks and congrats; sounds like u were certified by aacomas prior to getting secondary from nsu.
hopefully the same will soon happen for me.
p.s. maybe we can start an NSU (hopefully) class of 2011 thread :)

thaks everyone for ur responses; congrats to those with secondaries/interviews and best of luck to all

Has anyone asked NSU when they will start sending out interview invites??? I think my recommendations reached NSU yeasterday (but they have not confirmed that yet via email) so my file will be compete once they verify that. How long do they take to decide whether they are granting an interview?????

people have been interviewed b4 without their LORs in...but if you dont have them in by the time the adcom meets (every 2 weeks) then you wont be accepted.

NSU recieved my letters of recommendations, so now my file should be complete, I cant wait to see if i get an interview!!!

also i know that nsu doest filter for secondaries cause even i got one lol.
good luck to you all!