NSU vs PCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so i've made a decision! i choose nova!!!! i am happy with my choice :) heres why i picked it.

after what felt like ages of intense internal battles (close to family and my bf attending a school i didnt really feel like i belonged at vs far away from fam and bf at a school i absolutely loved) and talking at length to students at both schools, my family, friends, and bf, it came down to which school i loved when i visited. after a lot of researching the schools, it is my opinion that nsu and pcom are of fairly equal caliber educaiton and opportunity wise. i would be able to go to a school i didnt love if it was so far ahead of the one i loved education wise i would be stupid not to attend (think harvard vs mexico). but these were just too close to make a decision on. so with my family and my boyfriend's blessing, i choose nsu because i loved it when i went there. the faculty was amazing warm and welcoming, the students were amazing, i just felt like the atmosphere of the school was exactly what i was looking for. i could see myself there for 4 years. my interview at pcom was supposed to be in jan, it snowed, and the earliest they could reschedule for was march. understandable but annoying. then at my interview, one of my interviewers was less than charming (it was a horrendous interview and i'm surprised i got in actually) and i was totally put off by him. everyone else i met that day was nice and clearly loved pcom, but i just couldnt see myself there for the rest of the interview day let alone 4 years.

so to anyone else reading this thread, go with your heart! pick the school that is best for you! i truly believe that both of these schools are excellent :D but for each individual, one stands above the rest!

thanks everyone for all of your help!!!

congrats for making the choice. I look forward to having you as a classmate this fall. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the same question now: PCOM vs. Nova. What would y'all say now? I liked Nova very much, but PCOM is much closer to my home. ....

If you feel like your family will help you during the tough times in medical school, I would say go to PCOM. If you feel you are better living by yourself, then Nova. However, make sure you weigh the pros and cons of your decision. Just make a list of those pros/cons and maybe get in touch with people who attend both schools. Well good luck and congrats to you!

Both are solid schools

Reactions: 1 users