NSUCOM students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baracuda

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congradulations to all on your acceptance to one of the best schools. I was curious about the living/ housing situation and have the following questions:

1) How early do you have to put your name on the waiting list and what are the odds of getting an appartment there?

2)I read somewhere that there is a lot of reports of break-ins into cars at night. Is this true? What's the best appartments that don't seem to have a lot of break ins?

3) How much is the parking permit at nova campus?

I'm trying to see if I should bring my car all the way from Cali. Does one even need a car?

4) Are these apartments furnished? What do YOU need to bring?

Thanks for any info you could give me and see you guys in fall.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Baracuda,
I've heard through reading these NSU threads on SDN that parking is free on campus for students. I have also found out through internet apartment sites that furnished apartments are available at many of the apt. complexes. Just put it in the search. Try apartmentguide.com.
I'm snowed in in Virginia-which means about six inches of snow. So I'll be surfing the web a bunch today if you have any other questions. I didn't know about the car crime rate. Friends of mine that live in NY have told me to never leave anything in site in your car. If the theives can't see anything to steal then they usually leave the car alone-unless of course it is a really nice car and they want it. Mine is a '98 toyota corola, so I think it will be safe. I am definately bringing it with me.

DancnDr is right on the parking.. its free. I've never heard of that before (but I'm sure I'll enjoy it).

Regarding cars in FTL - yes, you will need a car. Public transit is poopy there. In addition, you will have your IGC preceptorships each week to attend. Finally, the beach is too far to walk (like we'll ever see it :rolleyes: )

There are both furnished and unfurnished apartments. I'm starting to look on the internet for apts. Check the NSUCOM Class of 2006 thread for more info on apts.

Although, you'll be paying a s**tload more for a furnish apt. Possible options: buy furtiture there (moving stuff from Cali seems unreasonable). I'm considering that option and I'm only moving from Pennsylvania (UHaul = $1100+). Then again, I do want my 61" TV... :eek:

Option 2 would be a roommate with furniture. For example, I 99.5% sure I'm moving all my furniture down there. If I opt for a roommate, then it would be easier to work with on that doesn't have much (furniture-wise). I've been living alone (besides the occassional gf) for years and pretty much have everything needed (even an expresso maker! :cool: )

Hope I helped!
-A