NSUCOM Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc3341

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all of you who have been recently bumped off the waitlist, CONGRATS!!! But I was wondering how long do they give you to turn in the $$$1000.00 Deposit??

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone get admitted from the waitlist (alternate list)? If so, please post the details. I've been on the list for a while and have heard nothing but silence.

NSU just picked me up last week. I was supposedly on the "high waitlist" so don't feel bad because they just started pulling from that, there is still a pretty good chance for you, I feel.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got waitlisted a few months ago. Dr. Chaffin emailed me last week to tell me that there was no change in my status as of yet. He also said they don't have any ranking system. Guess that's a nice way of telling me that I'm on the "lower" end of that list...lol. :oops:

NSA914, Dr. Chaffin told me the same thing so I guess I'm sharing a position at the "lower end of the list" with you. Best of luck to you and congratulations to TheMikeDO for getting the "Happy Letter!"

good luck guys! I hope it goes well for you.

To those of you on the waitlist, have you guys been accepted anywhere else??? Are you guys planning on attending NSU if you get off the list??/ Or are you already planning on going somehwere else anyway???

Dr. Chaffin e-mailed me that they don't rank so I guess he will pull them out of a hat. Did anybody believe that they don't rank? Mike DO, the high wailtlist is news to us bottom feeders!

I have seen a couple of threads discussing the reality of a "ranked" waitlist. I was told by dr. whitehead that ~5 people are put on this high waitlist???? In addition I saw another thread arguing the point of NSU interviewing for the waitlist. From my experience I would have to say yes they do interview for the waitlist because I was accepted to 2005 but put on high waitlist for 2004. If indeed they didn't interview for the waitlist why was my application acceptable for direct admit to 2005 and only good enough for waitlist in 2004? I interviewed in late march. At any rate I wish everyone the best of luck and I am looking forward to seeing you all in the fall.

TheMikeDO said:
From my experience I would have to say yes they do interview for the waitlist because I was accepted to 2005 but put on high waitlist for 2004. If indeed they didn't interview for the waitlist why was my application acceptable for direct admit to 2005 and only good enough for waitlist in 2004? I interviewed in late march. At any rate I wish everyone the best of luck and I am looking forward to seeing you all in the fall.

So are you saying that you were waitlisted for 2004, but accepted for 2005??? Can they do that?? How many more people have had the same privilege?? Are you supposed to ask for that option or do they just offer? My friend is in the same boat..but they havent offered him a direct admit.

my experience with the admissions office went like this... I waited the two weeks or whatever for them to process my application post interview. I was eventually called and told that I was on the waitlist. I was fairly devastated mostly because I thought everything had gone really well. Then about a week later I got a letter in the mail which when I started reading the first paragraph sounded like a rejection letter. When I got to the second paragraph to my surprise it stated that I was being offered a position in the class of 2005 and they were very excited to have me for the class of 2004 and I was put on high alternate status. (this became quite the mouthful to explain to friends and family).
This experience seemed rather atypical to me and I am still curious as to why I received this honor. The only thing I can think of is that I have nearly 6 years shadowing an osteopath. My reasons for posting this info was to help some realize that NSU is really just starting to draw from the waitlist and give them hope and while the title of my previous post might have betrayed these motives I'm not trying to stir anything up. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Thanks for the quil reply. I will definetly let my friend know about your situation. Best of luck to you. :D

TheMikeDO said:
to my surprise it stated that I was being offered a position in the class of 2005 and they were very excited to have me for the class of 2004 and I was put on high alternate status.

this sentence sounds kinda awkard to me. :confused:

I was put on the waitlist in March and was offered a position in April (a month before any movement was expected) but I was in close contact with Dr. Chaffin and made my interest known. Dr. Chaffin told me to let him know when the other schools needed a deposit and decision by. Two days before th deadline I told him about he offered me a position. From this I kind of think that it is ranked into high or low but who knows.As for the question on when the deposit is due, they gave me 2 weeks and it is $2000.00 not 1000. You have to pay all together(as I did) for the $250 acceptance fee $750.00 initial deposit and the $1000 pre-registration fee. After you send that you will have to download the orientation packet from the internet and get your physical/immunization forms and stuff like that. You will also need another 85.00 for the 2 white coats. Make sure you contact the office and know that they got your deposit and that they processed your check. You do not want to lose your spot because of a clerical error. And congrats to all of those recently accepted :) and good luch to all of those still waiting :luck: See you in August!!

Sunny, We all played the e-mail game with Dr. Chaffin. I think everybody who is serious on the alternate list did so. I don't think this was "unique."

streak said:
Sunny, We all played the e-mail game with Dr. Chaffin. I think everybody who is serious on the alternate list did so. I don't think this was "unique."
Sorry if you felt that I was trying to sound "unique", Maybe you are reading into the post too much. I was just trying to shed some light on the situation for those who asked for details that is all! :) Good Luck all!!

nothing much to add except I'm still pulling for you and that I wanted to point out...

I totally thought Dr. Chaffin looked and acted like Mr. Rodgers (R.I.P).

He cracked me up my entire interview day there...he was very helpful too.

When I spoke to dr.chaffin he told me the list is not ranked. That they take people off the list at "their discression". He also told me there was about 10 people that they call High ranking alternates, because they would have gotten an acceptance but they interviewed too late. Those people would be given a spot before the other alternates. I think no one who is a regular alternate has been given a spot yet, only those high-ranking alternates have been offered a spot.

The Deal Is Never The Deal. How was he helpful ROBZ? Did he give you the sweater off his back? LOL

streak said:
The Deal Is Never The Deal. How was he helpful ROBZ? Did he give you the sweater off his back? LOL

well it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood....

(well it was cause it was like 70 something and it was december!)