Nuclear boards 2021 - BoardVitals and ASNC board review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alternatego

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone who has taken the nuclear boards this year (2021) - what resources did you find the most useful for the exam?

Is BoardVitals good? Does it resemble the actual exam questions?

If you used the 2021 ASNC on-demand Board Review course, were the questions provided similar to the ones seen in the exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
following the thread. Got the exam in mid-december.
Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

following as well.
so far i've used old ASNC videos, Jaber, and board vitals.
#helpme

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the exam two weeks ago and passed (results are released while at the exam center). I used Jaber and 2020 ASNC videos. Studied for 8 days.

Reactions: 2 users
I took the exam two weeks ago and passed (results are released while at the exam center). I used Jaber and 2020 ASNC videos. Studied for 8 days.
That’s awesome! I didn’t know the results are available the same day. What do you feel was tested highly in the test?

That’s awesome! I didn’t know the results are available the same day. What do you feel was tested highly in the test?
Yes this is a new thing this year. I think the content of Jaber and the videos was very evenly tested, but there were more study interpretation questions than anything else.

anyone else has anything to share? this post has >700 views and only one forum member replied

I took the exam yesterday and passed. Results will be given to you at the end. I thought the ASNC review course helped the most. Jaber's question book was helpful as well. Anything you do beyond that is fine (board vitals questions for nuc are better than for echo). I think the pass rate last year was 94%.

Last edited:
Took the exam 11/9 and passed.
I used the 2021 ASNC board review (I watched all of it, took notes and reviewed the notes a few days before the exam). I also watch the discussion of the 4 practice exams they gave as part of the course and that I believe are the highest yield of all.
For questions, I used BoardVitals and it reiterated some of the concepts that I saw in the ASNC videos, so it was good practice. All said, I believe that some questions from the real board were very similar to the questions seen in BoardVitals and in the practice exams provided by ASNC in their 2021 review course.
I bought Jaber but did not touch it because the online interface sucked (essentially just one big PDF, you still had to go back and forth to the end of the book and read the answers).
Best of luck to you all who are taking these boards. They are not as convoluted as the echo boards, but do not take them lightly.

I took the test today. Passed.

Board review coarse and Jaber

Agree with alternatego. Don’t take it lightly. Wish I had studied a bit more as it was close.

Remember - this test has no breaks. 160 Qs in 240 min

hi. I also took board today. Passed!

I only used ASNC 2021 board review videos and Jaber book. cover to cover.
wished I reviewed more, specially the nuclear tech's videos. clinical questions were easy, but the nitty gritty was where you knew it or not.

A Fair exam, much better than echo boards.

also surprised by the no breaks for 4 hours. had to do an unscheduled break, doesnt matter.

Thank you for the replies. I have mine coming up next week. HOW much math is tested on the exam? Any complicated stuff like in ASNC videos?