NUI Galway

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

galwaybound

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I just got into Galway for medicine (5 year program). I was just wondering if anyone could give me their opinion on the school. Does anyone go there? How are the professors and does the school have a good reputation? I would love to hear criticism too, but I'm hoping it won't be as bad as RCSI comments.
Thanks all.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! We don't know too much about Galway b/c it doesn't go through the normal AB application (unless things have changed recently). It'd be cool if you could post about it when you get there. NUIG would have as good a rep as anywhere else, I've met some Galway med students and they seem enthusiastic and nice. The campus itself is lovely, but I've only walked around the outside, not really gone into the buildings so I don't know what the facilities are like. I'd imagine they're modern enough. Quite a good sports complex/gym . The city itself is peaceful but also fun, just probably a little too small/quiet for my liking.