Number of times you can Reapply technicality

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TFSweet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just wondering how many times you can reapply to medical school. I think I will have to strengthen my application and reapply. I was confused about one aspect however. If the second time I reapply I choose schools that I HAD NOT picked the first time, am I still considered a re applicant to those new schools? I know there is sometimes a limit to how many times you can apply to specific schools (usually 2 times) and wasn't sure if applying to the new schools would be counted as my first time or second time applying to them.

Thanks a lot!!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes you are still considered a re-applicant. I was unaware that there was a limit on the maximum amount of times you could apply to medical school.

You will not be considered a re-applicant to that particular school, but you will be considered a re-applicant to medical school when you check on the AMCAS application that you have applied to medical school before.

Members don't see this ad :)
You will not be considered a re-applicant to that particular school, but you will be considered a re-applicant to medical school when you check on the AMCAS application that you have applied to medical school before.

I do not think there is a spot on the AMCAS that asks if you have applied to medical school before. The only thing I see is that is close to this is when it asks if you have matriculated to a medical school before.

I do not think there is a spot on the AMCAS that asks if you have applied to medical school before. The only thing I see is that is close to this is when it asks if you have matriculated to a medical school before.

To clarify, when you select a school to apply to, it will ask if you have applied to that particular medical school in previous years.

And to take it further, some schools will ask specifically in their secondary if you have applied to medical school before, and then if you have applied to their medical school before. So that's where I was getting all that from. Not the primary; sorry. :oops:

Ah hah, I understand; Thank you very much for your help!!