Numbered Paragraphs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

new kid

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard some people say that the paragraphs in the RC section of the DAT are always numbered. Can anyone confirm or dispute this?

Members don't see this ad.

This pragraph numbering technique looks good on Kaplan theory, but in reality it's a waste of time. And to answer your question: no, the paragraphs were not numbered, at least on my DAT when I took it last March.

They were numbered when I took the test in May 04.

Members don't see this ad :)
in sept of '04 they were not numbered.

Not numbered in my experience... it would have been nice though.

new kid said:
I have heard some people say that the paragraphs in the RC section of the DAT are always numbered. Can anyone confirm or dispute this?

January '05 .... RC paragraphs were numbered.

3/1/05 - Numbered!

FYI-the Kaplan numbering technique worked for me. I scored in the 20's on RC. Not to say you can't do that w/o the Kaplan technique.

2/17/05 - Numbered!!

I took mine in May of 2002, and they WERE numbered.

It seems like it depends on the content from what we are seeing in these posts.

As far as the numbers not helping, given my content, nothing could be further from the truth. The questions even told me what paragraphs to refer to!

ItsGavinC said:
I took mine in May of 2002, and they WERE numbered.

It seems like it depends on the content from what we are seeing in these posts.

As far as the numbers not helping, given my content, nothing could be further from the truth. The questions even told me what paragraphs to refer to!

June 2004 - numbered

Same here. Sometimes the Q's would say, "in paragraph 4, the author says blah blah blah. . . " honestly, I dont know that them being numbered helps. I found more success when I read the Q's, then looked in the paragraph for the answers, rather than spending time reading the whole thing and analyzing before I start on the questions. . . just my two cents. good luck