Nurse Anesthetist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armynavy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how much do they make in NY? I read that they make about 140k at salary.com, but some how i dont belivie them.

Members don't see this ad.

armynavy said:
how much do they make in NY? I read that they make about 140k at salary.com, but some how i dont belivie them.
the range I have seen nationally for a new grad is 110-160 so 140 is quite believable.

armynavy said:
how much do they make in NY? I read that they make about 140k at salary.com, but some how i dont belivie them.[/QUOTE

My friend in Fairfield county,CT pulls $250K. But she is a sole anesthesia provider (CRNA), and works a lot of hours with a group of plastic surgeons. She also has to pay for her benefits, malpractice insurance etc.So $140 is very,very average. You bet. And it probably with all paid benefits, and other perks.

Members don't see this ad :)
billydoc said:
armynavy said:
how much do they make in NY? I read that they make about 140k at salary.com, but some how i dont belivie them.[/QUOTE

My friend in Fairfield county,CT pulls $250K. But she is a sole anesthesia provider (CRNA), and works a lot of hours with a group of plastic surgeons. She also has to pay for her benefits, malpractice insurance etc.So $140 is very,very average. You bet. And it probably with all paid benefits, and other perks.

so im guessing Nurse A. programs are very competitive. anyone got numbers or stats on it?

also, anyone know whats their hours are like?

do AAs have to pay malpractice insurance, I figure yes but will ask anyway? also if they do, does the group and/or hospital usually pick up the tab?

billydoc said:
armynavy said:

My dad is a solo CRNA in rural southern Illinois and pulls in $250K average. He said starting salaries for new grads are about 150K average. If you're solo, you typically pay expenses. In a group you're usually covered for a lower salary with the perks as mentioned by billydoc.

billydoc said:
So $140 is very,very average. You bet. And it probably with all paid benefits, and other perks.

140K is easily attainable, it simply depends on your work ethic.

We had a new grad last year work ALOT of OT and made just under 200K with full benefits working in the ATC model - not soloing it.

My package is around that same money (slightly less), 14 weeks off, and 10K educational money. I forsee alot of OT in that 14 weeks....

Good luck.

To the OP: feel free to PM me with any questions.

rn29306 said:
140K is easily attainable, it simply depends on your work ethic.

We had a new grad last year work ALOT of OT and made just under 200K with full benefits working in the ATC model - not soloing it.

My package is around that same money (slightly less), 14 weeks off, and 10K educational money. I forsee alot of OT in that 14 weeks....

Good luck.

To the OP: feel free to PM me with any questions.

That's awesome!