Nurses vs Doctors

Started by sacholiver
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacholiver

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a decently heated discussion about whether doctors or nurses are more important in the overall goal of treating patients. Apparently, nurses are a more
important part of the healthcare team. I argued nurses are very important, but without doctors, you're dead.

Thoughts?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If the world could only have one, doctors.

It's more likely that a doctor could do a nurse's job than vice versa.
 
I had a decently heated discussion about whether doctors or nurses are more important in the overall goal of treating patients. Apparently, nurses are a more
important part of the healthcare team. I argued nurses are very important, but without doctors, you're dead.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that anyone who thinks they are by default more important or better than someone else because they are a part of a particular profession should stay away from any hospital I'm at.
 
I had a decently heated discussion about whether doctors or nurses are more important in the overall goal of treating patients. Apparently, nurses are a more
important part of the healthcare team. I argued nurses are very important, but without doctors, you're dead.

Thoughts?

Which is more important, your heart your your liver?
 
image.gif
 
I had a decently heated discussion about whether doctors or nurses are more important in the overall goal of treating patients. Apparently, nurses are a more
important part of the healthcare team. I argued nurses are very important, but without doctors, you're dead.

Thoughts?
Without engineers, plumbers, biomedical scientists, public health and epidemiology experts, EMTs/firefights/LEOs, computer scientists, competent drivers, waste managers and the dudes who spray for mosquitos, you're also dead.

It takes all kinds to keep us from dying. All different. All important in their own, unique way.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My thoughts are that anyone who thinks they are by default more important or better than someone else because they are a part of a particular profession should stay away from any hospital I'm at.
Lol good luck. You don't belong in healthcare.
 
Without engineers, plumbers, biomedical scientists, public health and epidemiology experts, EMTs/firefights/LEOs, computer scientists, competent drivers, waste managers and the dudes who spray for mosquitos, you're also dead.

It takes all kinds to keep us from dying. All different. All important in their own, unique way.
Try reading my initial post again.
 
It's like the military, generals/admirals and NCOs are both needed for success. Both are important, for different reasons. Sure, one has more prestige, but both rely on the other's existence for victory.
Not URM (I earned my way to medical school)
Also, one of my friends from undergrad was a URM from the inner city. He had a 4.0 and a 34 MCAT, and worked harder than just about everyone I've ever met. Please go inform yourself.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why do I need luck? I am a winner. And infinitely better than you. I make my hospital and my country great. Who are you? You are a peon with nothing. In short, a loser. Thanks for playing.
You don't think you're maybe stooping a little? I give this a 115% chance troll thread.
 
It's like the military, generals/admirals and NCOs are both needed for success. Both are important, for different reasons. Sure, one has more prestige, but both rely on the other's existence for victory.

Also, one of my friends from undergrad was a URM from the inner city. He had a 4.0 and a 34 MCAT, and worked harder than just about everyone I've ever met. Please go inform yourself.
lawl
 
Oh and ps. I will never make a blanket statement about one health profession being more important than another because it is just plain silly.

But, I can say this with absolute certainty, every single nurse and nursing student that I know is more important and valuable to healthcare than you are.
that's based off certainty? ok. well done Doctor. your reasoning is so impressive.
 
You don't think you're maybe stooping a little? I give this a 95% chance troll thread.

🙁

I was trying to channel Donald. Should have made it clearer, my original had "again" after great. Maybe I should go back and edit it. In no way am I actually taking this seriously, my report of his initial post says, "Troll 10/10". 95% is generous.
 
that's based off certainty? ok. well done Doctor. your reasoning is so impressive.

You seem to have trouble with this. Of course my reasoning is impressive. You must have missed it, so let me emphasize for you.

I am a DOCTOR.
I am a WINNER.

Obviously my reasoning, like everything about me is going to be impressive. I am 2 for 2. Not some soft little peon like you.
 
Hell of a lot of **** talking for no reason OP
You seem to have trouble with this. Of course my reasoning is impressive. You must have missed it, so let me emphasize for you.

I am a DOCTOR.
I am a WINNER.

Obviously my reasoning, like everything about me is going to be impressive. I am 2 for 2. Not some soft little peon like you.

@sacholiver obviously likes nickleback
 
🙁

I was trying to channel Donald. Should have made it clearer, my original had "again" after great. Maybe I should go back and edit it. In no way am I actually taking this seriously, my report of his initial post says, "Troll 10/10".
Two minutes after posting, I revised my estimate. It now sits at 115%.

Now you have to shop in a big red hat onto your avatar.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You seem to have trouble with this. Of course my reasoning is impressive. You must have missed it, so let me emphasize for you.

I am a DOCTOR.
I am a WINNER.

Obviously my reasoning, like everything about me is going to be impressive. I am 2 for 2. Not some soft little peon like you.
I will say OP has made an ass of himself, but his initial post deserves some merit. Also, how much of a winner are you fighting with a PREMED on an online forum...? Get over yourself man.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.