Nursing degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pasdechat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an ex-professional ballet dancer who is making a career change....a major career change! I am a pre-nursing student going into A&P this fall. I am currently working on getting my AAS and am wondering if I should go on to get my BSN. Does the degree you have make any difference? I have heard it doesn't.....what counts as a nurse is the experience. I am also going to become a CNA while completingmy schooling to gain some experience(that's also required at the college I'm attending). I am a mom of four and going to school is tough....I also teach ballet and am very busy. If getting my BSN makes no difference in what kind of job I can get or how much money I make, then right now is not the time for me to be worrying about the extra schooling if I don't need it......maybe when the kids are all in school fulltime..........

Members don't see this ad.

This is NOT THE PLACE if you want positive info on nursing...you'd be much better served by posting at allnurses.com.

And yes, if you do decide to become a nurse and make it into a program (which, despite what you may hear at this site, is not automatic), go for the BSN.

I completely agree. Don't ask for advice about the nursing profession here. There are several forums at www.allnurses.com that will serve you much better.

Members don't see this ad :)
SDN is a great forum, but for the best info on nurses and nursing info, go to www.allnurses.com

Sorry....I saw other posts on nursing and thought I'd post here! I figured I'd get some good advice. Thanks for the link. I will go there instead.