nursing for green card

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdasd12345

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am thinking about becoming a nurse. does anyone know if you get an AS degree in nursing if it will help you to get a greencard? is the demand of nurses still massive?

Members don't see this ad.

asdasd12345 said:
i am thinking about becoming a nurse. does anyone know if you get an AS degree in nursing if it will help you to get a greencard? is the demand of nurses still massive?

Nursing for sake of the Green Card? :eek: Do you have the motivation, $$, visa status, credentials, etc. to do it? Yes, the demand for nurses is still massive.

money - no but can be got easily
motivation - easy, do this or move to a country and leave my family behind
credentials - what credentials do you need to become a nurse?
visa status - yes i do

Members don't see this ad :)
how can you be posting in the d.o. forum about becoming a surgeon, then talk about nursing??

It may just be that a green card is an immediate need, but the OP might want something different in the long run. I do believe that an AS degree (in a US accredited college of nursing) is enough to receive sponsorship for a green card in the US. If you have done your schooling in another country, they might ask for a bachelor's degree. Once you get your AS degree in Nursing, you will need to pass the NCLEX-RN, which will give you an RN license. With that you can probably go to your immigration attorney or the like, and get advisement. But that would be the basic requirement, other than the ones that the OP has already stated (i.e. current visa status, etc.)