1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

nursing for green card

Discussion in 'Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]' started by asdasd12345, Apr 30, 2004.

1. asdasd12345

asdasd12345 Membership Revoked
    Removed

i am thinking about becoming a nurse. does anyone know if you get an AS degree in nursing if it will help you to get a greencard? is the demand of nurses still massive?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. addicted2hope

addicted2hope Member
    7+ Year Member

Nursing for sake of the Green Card? :eek: Do you have the motivation, $$, visa status, credentials, etc. to do it? Yes, the demand for nurses is still massive.

4. asdasd12345

asdasd12345 Membership Revoked
    Removed

money - no but can be got easily
    motivation - easy, do this or move to a country and leave my family behind
    credentials - what credentials do you need to become a nurse?
    visa status - yes i do

5. JunkintheTrunk

JunkintheTrunk Blondes are smrt
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    how can you be posting in the d.o. forum about becoming a surgeon, then talk about nursing??

6. Califlower

Califlower Oriented x 1
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    It may just be that a green card is an immediate need, but the OP might want something different in the long run. I do believe that an AS degree (in a US accredited college of nursing) is enough to receive sponsorship for a green card in the US. If you have done your schooling in another country, they might ask for a bachelor's degree. Once you get your AS degree in Nursing, you will need to pass the NCLEX-RN, which will give you an RN license. With that you can probably go to your immigration attorney or the like, and get advisement. But that would be the basic requirement, other than the ones that the OP has already stated (i.e. current visa status, etc.)