I can't tell you specifics regarding amounts of different nutrients (I'm sure you could try googling it), but it makes logical sense that a severe injury results in a large amount of tissue destruction and inflammation which further increases damage. As such, the building blocks of tissues (proteins/amino acids, carbohydrates, fatty acids, and water) would need to be replenished. I would hypothesize that based on the type of tissue that is damaged the amounts of specific nutrients would balance accordingly. Also, very acute patients and those bed-ridden for prolonged periods of time require much more caloric intake simply because they lose muscle really quickly! From experience, I find that hospital patients who refuse to eat will lack the energy to complete even simple self-care activities, whereas those who follow their diets have increased endurance and activity tolerance. It's definitely important to remind very acute patients that food/water intake will give them the energy they need to complete their rehab.
Sorry I couldn't be more specific.