Nutritional Biochem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

entdreams47

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this a sufficient course to fulfill the biochem requirements for med schools? Im looking to pursue a masters program that requires this course and wondering if I'd have to retake it when applying to med schools in a few years. I called a few medical schools to ask and they were super vague and unclear!

Members don't see this ad.

I would take the classic series, this is not gonna cover biochem well enough from the sounds of it IMHO

the only two courses I tell people they should have before med school that seem "optional" are the whole year of biochem & prob & stats, IMHO

Reactions: 1 user
Is this a sufficient course to fulfill the biochem requirements for med schools? Im looking to pursue a masters program that requires this course and wondering if I'd have to retake it when applying to med schools in a few years. I called a few medical schools to ask and they were super vague and unclear!
You will need a far broader grasp of Biochem than just that related to nutrition. I agree that you'd want to take the more rigorous class if you don't want to retake the course.