NVCP name change

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JTD1972

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When did Nevada College of Pharmacy change their name to University of Southern Nevada?

Members don't see this ad.

JTD1972 said:
When did Nevada College of Pharmacy change their name to University of Southern Nevada?
Probably when they had their new MBA program approved. It might sound silly to get an MBA from a "college of pharmacy". ;) I didn't know that a university could have only two programs.

jdpharmd? said:
I didn't know that a university could have only two programs.

...which is a temporary state, I assure you ;) In the next few years, the name will be a little more apropos as new programs become approved. "Nevada College of Pharmacy and Graduate School of Management" doesn't sound quite right, either. ;)

JTD1972 said:

I think the name change was approved at some point towards the end of last year, though we are just starting to see the school referred to by the new name. We just had the "usn.edu" domain approved by Educause earlier this month.