1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

NVCP name change

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by JTD1972, Apr 26, 2004.

1. JTD1972

JTD1972 Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    When did Nevada College of Pharmacy change their name to University of Southern Nevada?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jdpharmd?

jdpharmd? Turning lead into gold
    7+ Year Member

Probably when they had their new MBA program approved. It might sound silly to get an MBA from a "college of pharmacy". ;) I didn't know that a university could have only two programs.

4. LVPharm

LVPharm SDN Moderator
    7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    ...which is a temporary state, I assure you ;) In the next few years, the name will be a little more apropos as new programs become approved. "Nevada College of Pharmacy and Graduate School of Management" doesn't sound quite right, either. ;)

5. LVPharm

LVPharm SDN Moderator
    7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I think the name change was approved at some point towards the end of last year, though we are just starting to see the school referred to by the new name. We just had the "usn.edu" domain approved by Educause earlier this month.