Nvm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anonuser344

Reaction score
Nvm

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No that just means you should retake the DAT when you're actually ready

Reactions: 1 user
That's actually pretty impressive that you could score so high with out taking Chemistry and Organic chemistry, I think if you took those classes and studied for the DAT you definitely would have a shot. Best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
First things first, keep your head up. I know how hard this path can be at times, and if this is something that you are truly passionate about, you just need to keep working hard and keep your eyes set on your ultimate goal of becoming a dentist. You scored reasonably well for not taking either of those courses, so I applaud you for that. My best advice would be to take the classes to gain a strong foundation on the subjects, especially since many schools require those as pre-requisites. Also, when you do take the test again, I highly recommend Bootcamp as they have videos on all the chemistry topics covered that you will need to do well on the exam. Lastly, I just wanted to say I believe in you, I know at the moment you may feel discouraged, but in several years all your hard work will pay off. Feel free to message me if you have any more questions. I'd be glad to help!

Reactions: 1 user
Why would you take the DAT without having taking the pre-reqs though? Now this will be on your record should you decide on dentistry....

Reactions: 2 users
The DAT is definitely something you shouldn’t take until you’re confident you’re prepared for it. It’s not like the ACT where you can afford to take it early just to see what you get because a lot of schools don’t just look at your highest DAT score. Take the classes, use boot camp and make sure you’re prepared next time you take it. That being said getting a 12 and 15 without any real knowledge on the subjects is somewhat impressive and I’m sure once you have taken the courses and prepare more you’ll do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.