NWAS Conferences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crash2500

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody been to any of these? Are they decent? Thinking about signing up as they have nice locations but haven't pulled the trigger. Any info would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Been to a few. Decent but not great courses. Often a nice location slightly off season to keep costs down. The organization is owned and run by a CRNA and attendees were >>50% CRNAs.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
also been to a few. they are pretty garbage if you're looking for real anesthesia info. They have a cadre of "ringers" that give their same canned lectures over and over again. locations can be nice if you're just looking for a write-off, but for a real conference, look elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
been to 3 in past 5 years. Not bad in my opinion, some speakers are fantastic and others meh. Locations and timing are what determines my attendance. As someone else said, CRNA owned and >50% attendees have been CRNA’s. One of three had a CRNA lecturer and he was not too good and made me want to vomit ( by some of the subtle propaganda ).

I wanted to try but registration is too expensive...

They are cheaper than many anesthesia courses.

What are you looking for:

1. Great CME courses where you actually go for the education? Subspecialty courses are best. For a Smorgasbord for a generalist -ASA meeting
2. "Softish" CME courses in nice locations with minimal sign in requirements on a budget? NWAS fits the bill.
3. Total sham CME courses in nice locations that you want to spend CME $ on? They are out there.
4. Luxury destinations with strong educational component-Not Cheap? Anesthesia Camp and Holiday Seminars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
I use Travel Medical Seminar which is part of the AudioDigest Foundation. Just tell them your location and they send the materials to you. You can complete the work before hand. That way you can sleep in.

I use Travel Medical Seminar which is part of the AudioDigest Foundation. Just tell them your location and they send the materials to you. You can complete the work before hand. That way you can sleep in.

See #3 in my post above.

Agree with above. I’ve been to two, maybe three. The two I know for sure have been to Maui and an Alaskan cruise. I’d say 50% of lectures were somewhat decent. CCF usually puts on good conferences. I have been doing online CME lately and thinking about ASA this year. But you only go to NWAS for the destination, not the content.

Been to a few. Decent but not great courses. Often a nice location slightly off season to keep costs down. The organization is owned and run by a CRNA and attendees were >>50% CRNAs.
This means you'll NEVER bump into me at one of these.

Reactions: 3 users