NY Hospital Queens vs. Flushing Transitional

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wolverine32

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm still going back and forth regarding which transitional program to rank higher- New York Hospital Queens or Flushing. Any thoughts?
 
wolverine32 said:
I'm still going back and forth regarding which transitional program to rank higher- New York Hospital Queens or Flushing. Any thoughts?

NYHQ better facilities, Flushing has less surgery/med floor months so you get more of a chance to dabble in other electives. According to interns who interviewed at both places, Flushing is more "cush", but I'm not sure if this is a good thing. I think NYHQ offer subsidized housing at the "cockroach hotel" down the street. I think salarywise, they were similar. At either of these places, the transitional interns will be the only US grads there. There is a very Asian/south asian feel to both of these hospitals due to its location.