Oct 27, 2010
Status
Hypothetically, as an NY resident, will I have trouble coming back to NY to practice if I attend dental school outside of NY? Would I be at a disadvantage to those who graduated from NYU, Columbia, Buffalo, or Stony Brook?
If I attend dental school out of NY state and decide to come back to NY, would I need to take the regional boards for that particular state/school, and would this be unnecessary?

cbizzle7994

5+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Hypothetically, as an NY resident, will I have trouble coming back to NY to practice if I attend dental school outside of NY? Would I be at a disadvantage to those who graduated from NYU, Columbia, Buffalo, or Stony Brook?
If I attend dental school out of NY state and decide to come back to NY, would I need to take the regional boards for that particular state/school, and would this be unnecessary?
you wouldn't have a disadvantage. new york however requires a one year residency to get licensed. so as long as you do your gpr, aegd, etc. you can get licensed no matter where you go to dental school.

About the Ads