Oct 27, 2010
Status
Hypothetically, as an NY resident, will I have trouble coming back to NY to practice if I attend dental school outside of NY? Would I be at a disadvantage to those who graduated from NYU, Columbia, Buffalo, or Stony Brook?
If I attend dental school out of NY state and decide to come back to NY, would I need to take the regional boards for that particular state/school, and would this be unnecessary?

cbizzle7994

5+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Hypothetically, as an NY resident, will I have trouble coming back to NY to practice if I attend dental school outside of NY? Would I be at a disadvantage to those who graduated from NYU, Columbia, Buffalo, or Stony Brook?
If I attend dental school out of NY state and decide to come back to NY, would I need to take the regional boards for that particular state/school, and would this be unnecessary?
you wouldn't have a disadvantage. new york however requires a one year residency to get licensed. so as long as you do your gpr, aegd, etc. you can get licensed no matter where you go to dental school.