NYC MINORITIES - APPLY TO SOPHIE DAVIS!

wannabedoc21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am using my sibling's account for this since I want to remain anonymous. I am recent graduate of Sophie Davis in NY and would like to give anyone who is interested some advice.
Unfortunately, you have to be a NY resident to apply to SD, but I absolutely think if your stats are on the lower side but you're a minority who shows a STRONG commitment to medicine/primary care....YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING AN INTERVIEW.

In your essays, stress your passion for primary care/community medicine/helping the underserved. I personally know of MANY students with low stats who show a somewhat genuine commitment (volunteering, shadowing, leadership, etc.) and have gotten to the interview stage. I even volunteered to interview students when I was a third year, so I have seen first hand that low stats do not keep you out of the interview stage. The program is also not as extremely competitive as other accelerated programs, so definitely submit your application. If you have any questions, feel free to message me.

SUMMARY:
IF YOU ARE A NYC MINORITY AND ABSOLUTELY WANT TO DO MEDICINE- APPLY TO THE SOPHIE DAVIS PROGRAM. WITH DECENT STATS, YOU CAN ATTAIN AT LEAST AN INTERVIEW. WORK HARD ON ESSAYS AND LOOK FOR GREAT MENTORS TO CALL IN/EMAIL TO VOUCH FOR YOU!

Members don't see this ad.

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE A DOCTOR AND WANT ASSURANCE YOU CAN BE ONE, APPLY TO BSMD PROGRAMS. THE SOPHIE DAVIS PROGRAM IS VERY FORGIVING OF LOW STATS (MOST BSMD PROGRAMS ARE NOT.) ADDITIONALLY, IF YOU HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS OR KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS ATTENDED SD, MENTION IT ON YOUR APPLICATION....IT WILL HELP!

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE A DOCTOR IT WOULD BE GOOD TO REALIZE THAT YOU DON'T NEED TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS!

:smack:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
I am using my sibling's account for this since I want to remain anonymous. I am recent graduate of Sophie Davis in NY and would like to give anyone who is interested some advice.
Unfortunately, you have to be a NY resident to apply to SD, but I absolutely think if your stats are on the lower side but you're a minority who shows a STRONG commitment to medicine/primary care....YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING AN INTERVIEW.

In your essays, stress your passion for primary care/community medicine/helping the underserved. I personally know of MANY students with low stats who show a somewhat genuine commitment (volunteering, shadowing, leadership, etc.) and have gotten to the interview stage. I even volunteered to interview students when I was a third year, so I have seen first hand that low stats do not keep you out of the interview stage. The program is also not as extremely competitive as other accelerated programs, so definitely submit your application. If you have any questions, feel free to message me.

SUMMARY:
IF YOU ARE A NYC MINORITY AND ABSOLUTELY WANT TO DO MEDICINE- APPLY TO THE SOPHIE DAVIS PROGRAM. WITH DECENT STATS, YOU CAN ATTAIN AT LEAST AN INTERVIEW. WORK HARD ON ESSAYS AND LOOK FOR GREAT MENTORS TO CALL IN/EMAIL TO VOUCH FOR YOU!

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE A DOCTOR AND WANT ASSURANCE YOU CAN BE ONE, APPLY TO BSMD PROGRAMS. THE SOPHIE DAVIS PROGRAM IS VERY FORGIVING OF LOW STATS (MOST BSMD PROGRAMS ARE NOT.) ADDITIONALLY, IF YOU HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS OR KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS ATTENDED SD, MENTION IT ON YOUR APPLICATION....IT WILL HELP!
Why are you typing in all capital letters?

Why are you typing in all capital letters?

Clearly Sophie Davis is so friendly to NYC minorities that it must be shouted from the rooftops! The OP is here to proclaim the word! lol

Reactions: 1 user
IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE A DOCTOR IT WOULD BE GOOD TO REALIZE THAT YOU DON'T NEED TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS!

:smack:

He loves caps