NYC programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hookaman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine was asking about the programs in NYC and not knowing anything about it I thought I would post a request here. Outside of the top university programs (Columbia, Mount Sinai, Cornell, Albert Einstein, NYU), do you guys have any opinions on the better programs in the city? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Lennox Hill
St. Lukes Roosevelt

Members don't see this ad :)
any thoughts on ny methodist?

more specifics??

I'm a 4th year student so take it with a grain of salt, but I am also a Downstate student who rotated there - Maimonides Hospital in Brooklyn has a fantastic cardiology dept. I spent a month there on the medicine service on a unit that primarily took care of cardio patients. Very, very solid teaching from the attendings and fellows, and what seemed to be plenty of volume. I don't know how it compares to the Cleveland Clinics of the world, but I'd certainly recommend family/friends there if they needed a procedure.

I'm a 4th year student so take it with a grain of salt, but I am also a Downstate student who rotated there - Maimonides Hospital in Brooklyn has a fantastic cardiology dept. I spent a month there on the medicine service on a unit that primarily took care of cardio patients. Very, very solid teaching from the attendings and fellows, and what seemed to be plenty of volume. I don't know how it compares to the Cleveland Clinics of the world, but I'd certainly recommend family/friends there if they needed a procedure.

The question was about Methodist though, not Maimo. Maimo's got it's problems but it's got pretty great pathology and decent teaching. Methodist mostly just has it's problems.

What about NSLIJ?

Sorry wrong thread!

Last edited: