Nycom 2.75 Gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

francais7979

french7979
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you notice that NYCOM deleted the minimum 2.7 GPA requirement from their website?

I saw it there like 3 months ago, but now I dont see it. Did they raise their minimum GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Even though they claim that's the minimum, I'm sure to have a competitive shot, you need quite a bit higher.

Would you ever want to apply to a school just by meeting their minimum requirements in either GPA or MCAT? I can only imagine you want to be above average in your application, and starting at the bottom with your numbers is not a good way to advertise yourself to an adcom.

Members don't see this ad :)
your an out of stater, which is not good for nycom. It is not good to be borderline automatic rejection. I would try to pick the gpa up, or get a killer mcat and apply very early

Guys I think you all misunderstood my original post.

I dont have a 2.7 avg.

I'm just saying that couple months ago, NYCOM listed on their admissions page that the minimum requirement is 2.75, but when you go to their website now, you dont see that. So I was just wondering if their minimum gpa went up???????????

I dont have a 2.7 avg.

I'm just saying that couple months ago, NYCOM listed on their admissions page that the minimum requirement is 2.75, but when you go to their website now, you dont see that. So I was just wondering if their minimum gpa went up???????????

If it doesn't say a minimum gpa, wouldn't that insinuate there no longer is one?

I dont have a 2.7 avg.

I think the point everyone is trying to make is not to pay attention to it either way. You're looking at a long hard road if you have a 2.7