NYCOM acceptances anyone??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eanisis78

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten or heard of anyone recently receiving a nYCOM acceptance. ???????????????/
they are definately taking their time and the waiting is a killer???? So please anyone with any kind of info please post :D

Members don't see this ad.

eanisis78 said:
Has anyone gotten or heard of anyone recently receiving a nYCOM acceptance. ???????????????/
they are definately taking their time and the waiting is a killer???? So please anyone with any kind of info please post :D

Well as of yesterday I was expecting a letter from NYCOM, since I haven't gotten mail for a week due to vacation. Sadly the letter wasn't among the stacks of mail I picked up. Curious, I called the admissions office. I was told that they coud not pull up my file b/c the office was "down for the day". She asked when I interviewed, and I told her that it was on Dec. 15. After checking with the Director she came back and told me I was ACCEPTED!!!! I'm soooo pumped, best of luck to you, I'm sure you will hear soon enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
HunterGatherer said:
congrats! Any idea when the last adcom meeting was? Or which meeting got you in?

Now eanisis78 is sure to call! :)

I've heard the same word of mouth that has been passed around, that the adcom meets sometime in the middle of this month. As far as the one that got me in, I think it might have been one in early Jan. I was told the office got back from holiday break on Jan 4th, so sometime after that. All in all, turn around seems to be somehwere in the vicinity of 4 weeks from time of interview for most people. Hope you guys hear some good news soon!

congrats on your acceptance!!!!
you must be so excited!!
do you know where you are going?

oh and hunter... did you call nycom yet, b/c i'm thinking i am going to call tomorrow!!!
my 2 week mark! :D

eanisis78 said:
you must be so excited!!

oh and hunter... did you call nycom yet, b/c i'm thinking i am going to call tomorrow!!!

well my top 3 are nycom, pcom and nova......im accepted and nova and NYCOM, but i don't think I will wait around for PCOM...now i have some thinking to do and decide between NYCOM and Nova................

I was going to wait until February before thinking of calling but I received a scholarship letter from UMDNJ that I must act on in the next 12 days so if I do not get something by Monday I will be forced to call. We'll see.

You have my blessings on the phone call. :D

eanisis78 said:
you must be so excited!!