NYCOM and UMDNJ interview Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
First, I had a NYCOM interview last tuesday (20th)...does anybody have any idea when we will hear back from NYCOM.

Secondly, I interviewed at UMDNJ on April 7th, has anybody heard back from from them who interview around that time. They were suppossed to review our applications on April 19th.

Thank you for all the help.

Members don't see this ad.

nycom was REALLY fast in getting back to me. My interview was in early Feb. and I received my acceptance letter a week later, and that weekend was a holiday weekend. So all in all it was like 3 days before it was mailed.
Did your interview go well? What was your impression of the school?

just called them...they said the wait will be another week...which stinks. Its hard to tell how you do in an interview when it is only conversational. So..i'll have to just wait and see.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody heard anything from UMDNJ or NYCOM who interviewed in April....thanks.

theDr. said:
Has anybody heard anything from UMDNJ or NYCOM who interviewed in April....thanks.

We interviewed on the same day. I called on Friday, 5/14 (a few days ago) and they told me my file was "still under review," and that I should call on Wednesday of next week (19th) to see whether a decision was made and a letter sent.

Being "under review" for such a long time is a bit unnerving. I wish more of us from that interview day were on here, so we could get a better idea of this process.

I had this weird thought: maybe they don't send rejection letters...they just keep you "under review" and only communicate with you when you call. :(

It's just that comments like littledoc2be's make me wonder what goes on behind the scenes at NYCOM. :)

Don't worry Drifting Sun, I interviewed on March 30th and I still haven't heard anything! I've called several times and have got the same "under review" response. She told me to call back this past Friday to hear more but I didn't call. I've called enough times and maybe now I'll just wait. Did anyone interview with either Dr. Elkowitz or Dr. Bhatia?

I got interviewed early February, and I found out within 5 business days. I guess towards the end of the interview season, they have fewer spots available and so they tend to take longer in reviewing the files. Don't worry about conversational interviews. Mine was like that, and I got in! =) Good luck!