NYCOM and UMDNJ OOS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gumbyj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it worth it applying to UMDNJ and NYCOM with average stats of you are out of state (but still east coast)?

I have heard each schools takes ~80% in state - please correct me if I am wrong. I would love to go to these schools, but I am starting to realize what a long shot it is...

Members don't see this ad.

I'd just apply. You never know. I was complete at the end of September and I didn't receive invites from either school. 3.9 and 30 mcat

I'd just apply. You never know. I was complete at the end of September and I didn't receive invites from either school. 3.9 and 30 mcat

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Crap. My stats are a bit below average for those schools.

If you didn't get an interview invite I am not feeling very confident... I will be completed August 26.:(

It's all about applying early. I didn't get interviews at any places i applied to after mid-September.

It's all about applying early. I didn't get interviews at any places i applied to after mid-September.

You must have not applied broadly. And I received an interview with somewhat lower stats at UMDNJ after being complete in December from OOS.

I never heard back from NYCOM. App sent in late june, secondary completed sometime in July, I think. Still patiently awaiting an interview from them :rolleyes: