NYCOM clinical years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hcrunner

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about NYCOMs clinical years...Like what hospitals they rotate at, where they are in the city, do all students rotate thru the same hospitals, which ones to try and avoid and really anything else like that??? Thanks a lot in advance

Members don't see this ad.

thanks, that was pretty much what i was looking for. Though, does anyone know how NYCOMs lottery works or if it is guaranteed that you can stay in the NYC area for your clinicals? Basically due to my fiance's job I really need to stay in the NYC area for my clinicals and am wondering if this is possible? thanks again for any help

Members don't see this ad :)
Aren't most if not all of those hospitals in the NYC area? Or are you referring to NYC 5 boroughs specifically?

The college catalog says that there is the option of training at one hospital for all of your 3rd year clerkships. Not sure about the process or details.

There are no gaurantees for the lottery system. A 4th year NYCOM student sent me a PM explaining how the lottery works that I can forward it to you if interested.