Nycom Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDaisy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi:

I will be joining NYCOM in Aug 2004 but have not received any housing information from the Admissions Office yet. Did anyone else recieve any info about housing?

What kind of housing is available around that area? What is the approximate rent per month? I live in NJ so I have not gotten a chance to visit the school since my interview in Jan. Did anyone start looking for a place to live on their own? If so please let me know.

Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

use the web board for housing, or newsday.com. but expect to pay a pretty penny. i havent seen anything under 600 a month. good luck, we will need it!

I have not received anything from the school about the housing, but you can call the school and get access to the web board, where there are housing posts. I have seen a wide variety of prices for rent from $400-1200 a month per person (it seems as though the more people you live with, the cheaper the rent). Also, apartments.com and craigslist.com have posts for the surrounding areas.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know around how much a studio in Sea Cliff/Glen Cove area will cost

I'm also an incoming first year student this August. I'm already signed on to the webboard and responded to a few posts, but no one's been taking me seriously because I live all the way out here in California. Are any of u looking for a roomy? If so, IM me at MicheleINC (AIM and Yahoo). =)

You will not receive any housing info from Admissions. You are 100% on your own for housing. Use the webboard. Most rooms are about 600, some including utilities, some not. Studios run about 800-1000. My friend is also from CA and she used the webboard. She just said she would live in her apt without looking and it worked out well. If you have any questions, let me know. Best of luck.

how do oyu get to the webboard? I have logged into my account using the username and the password that htey sent me recently but I can't find the webboard where they discuss housing. Someone please help.

Hey.. reviving this booger a bit... maybe I'll get some replies.

I'm on the Accept-Hold list, and I'm thinking I'll know I have a seat less than 2 weeks before Orientation on the 24th.

Would anyone mind checking the housing and see what's available? Looking to share living in a house, with other med students, up to 3 others... max total of 4 people in a house.

If anyone is still looking for roomies, I'd be surprised.

I still have lotsa time to sit here and twiddle my fingers, but thought it'd be good to check out the status of available places...start projecting how much I'm going to have to allot for downpayments/security deposits and rent for a few months until financial aid kicks in.

Thanks in advance! :)

since i just got back from a trip abroad i'm look for roomies as well. :oops: