• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

dmitrinyr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I am currently on the nycom priority waiting list. I am wondering if nycom is still interviewing and whether there has been any movement off the nycom waiting list.

SexyEgptnDr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 16, 2002
Long Island, NY
Status (Visible)
NYCOM will be interviewing until May. I am not sure if the wait list moves until they have stopped interviewing, but I would start calling admissions at the end of May.

SexyEgptnDr

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
Status (Visible)
are you sure it is until May? Thats good to hear.

About the Ads

vrazz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2004
right here
Status (Visible)
I heard that NYCOM interviews almost everyone...up to 3000 applicants (at least that is the number the financial aid lady threw out there at the interview). Does anyone know if that's true? It's a little disheartening...loved it there, but wow! 3000 interviews!

SexyEgptnDr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 16, 2002
Long Island, NY
Status (Visible)
Chrisobean is right...NYCOM interviews about two to three times a week...about ten to fifteen students per interview day. From November to May, they interview almost 600 for a little under 300 spots. So, once you get an interview, your chances are good.

Good Luck.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.