NYCOM Interview Followup

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBeanie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:luck: Hey...

Question for all you who have interviewed at NYCOM:

I'm about to interview at NYCOM next week. I figure I'll call in two weeks after that to find out about acceptance or rejection. Does anyone know if they give out that type of info or any other info on the phone?

Thanks for all your input,

Jenn

Members don't see this ad.

DrBeanie said:
:luck: Hey...

Question for all you who have interviewed at NYCOM:

I'm about to interview at NYCOM next week. I figure I'll call in two weeks after that to find out about acceptance or rejection. Does anyone know if they give out that type of info or any other info on the phone?

Thanks for all your input,

Jenn

I know in the past someone was able to obtain that info via phone. Not sure if they do this on regular basis or was just an exception.
Good luck, hope to see you there in Fall 2005.

They will let you know...just give it some time...don't call up the next day and ask. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI, my acceptance letter was dated 13 days after my interview. And I received it just under 3 wks post-interview. They work fast. 3 wks at a maximum.

i have an interview at nycom - what is it like?

The day I interviewed there were 2 interviewers. They split us into 2 groups. The first group (not mine) seemed pleased with their interviewer, said it was relatively low stress. The gentleman that I had made several people cry. It wasn't pretty. He was just tough. Be able to explain EXACTLY why you want to go there, be a D.O., etc...but be brief. He snapped at me b/c apparently one of my answers, although valid, was according to him, too long. Apparently he just liked to be tough. I thought the interview went not so great, but I did get accepted. Good Luck!!!

P.S. Have your check ready b/c the lady in the admissions office will bite your head off if you don't have it ready. :D

If they really like you you will hear from them about 2 weeks post interview.If they are not sure it could be well over a month until you hear from them--so don't call them until at least 3 weeks post interview it won't help you.