NYCOM Interview Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jenniferhan1987

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Did some of you guys get invited for an interview at NYCOM without submitting their secondary beforehand?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

Did some of you guys get invited for an interview at NYCOM without submitting their secondary beforehand?

Technically ... this is the only way it (is supposed to) work(s). NYCOM is a school that accepts your primary, reviews it, and then IF you are offered an interview, they send you a secondary with the invite and you send it in before you attend or bring it with you or something. However, in an odd twist of fate, half way through this interview cycle, they decided to send everyone who applied to NYCOM a secondary application. I think the norm is still that you are still invited to interview without completing a secondary, but now there is one to complete in the interim err something.

I just got an e-mail to fill out a secondary....but no interview information.

So...should I just go ahead and fill it out?

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke to someone in the admissions office today. They said that now you have to fill out the secondary before they invite you for an interview. So go ahead and fill it out asap!

I spoke to someone in the admissions office today. They said that now you have to fill out the secondary before they invite you for an interview. So go ahead and fill it out asap!

Wow. Someone a few months ago on SDN claimed they spoke with admissions and they said you don't have to fill out the secondary to be considered. Will email ...

If you received an invite to interview before they changed the policy you bring the secondary form they gave you in the invite email to your interview. If you have not received an invite, you have to fill out the secondary online before they will consider you for an interview.
This is coming from a clarification email they sent out to everyone who had already received an interview invite before the change.

If you received an invite to interview before they changed the policy you bring the secondary form they gave you in the invite email to your interview. If you have not received an invite, you have to fill out the secondary online before they will consider you for an interview.
This is coming from a clarification email they sent out to everyone who had already received an interview invite before the change.

Interesting.

why would they change things half way and confuse the shi!t out of everyone? :annoyed: