Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

NYCOM Interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Stratus2675, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Stratus2675

Stratus2675 Bronx Bomber
    7+ Year Member

I received an interview request from NYCOM today and I scheduled it for January 11th.

Has anyone who interviewed already received an acceptance yet? just want to see how long it takes to hear.

Thanks

2. HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer HunterGatherer
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    looks like the second batch of interviews went out. I'll be there for the morning session on 1/4/06. Are there double interview sessions just for January?

:luck:

3. DOc Wannabee

DOc Wannabee Junior Member

Pre-Medical
    I just interviewed at NYCOM last week and we were told that it would take about 3 weeks to get a decision. Soo..I guess the people who were interviewed in late November should be getting a decision in about 2 weeks or so.

4. shenningdo

shenningdo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I interview there tomorrow, so I hope to be able to give you some feedback. I do know the admissions office is hoping to give the first round of interviewees a "Christmas present", i.e. a decision by Christmas.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. shenningdo

shenningdo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

There are double interview session days in November and December too. They seem to do morning interviews and afternoon interviews the days they do interview but only seem to interview a few days a week. I don't know though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. lilzelda

lilzelda Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

i just got offered an interview, i'm happy

7. bkpa2med

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    lilzelda,
    what were your stats like if you dont mind? you can PM me if thats better for you.

8. wannabedoctoo

wannabedoctoo Member
    5+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Congrats guys! still waiting... i havent had the chance to check my mailbox all day today... really wanna know if I was selected this round!

9. HunterGatherer

Attending Physician
    hope the interview went well for all of you. I saw a negative interview left on the interview feedback site.

10. lilzelda

lilzelda Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

My stats aren't that good and I'm surprise NYCOM is actually interested in me, it might be b/c i'm from NYC.

R u guys reading up ethical stuff, do u know any good websites thats discuss ethics

11. bkpa2med

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    what ugrad did u go to?

12. medhacker

medhacker We can end world poverty!
    7+ Year Member

Hi

When where you complete and when was your AACOMAS transmited? thanks

13. lilzelda

lilzelda Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

um i sent out AACOMAS b4 Sept I beleive and I know my rec's have just recently got there b/c they were sent out on Nov 15, I don't actually check up on my applications, I don't know if thats a bad thing so I don't know when I actually got complete. But they contacted me b4 via e-mail in Oct with a question about physics, and now I have the interview for 1/10

14. HunterGatherer

Attending Physician
    Please fill out the interview feedback. I like knowing what questions they asked. Also hoping to learn more about the MD interviewer posted on the feedback forum.

15. SuperDOgirl

SuperDOgirl SuperDOgirl
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

Wow, I can't believe I got an invitation to interview at NYCOM. It is definitely very late in the whole application process compare to other schools but it feels like an achievement already since they are sooo maticulous with the screening.

I have already submitted my first deposit to CCOM but am willing to go through this interview since I am originally from NYC. I'll see how things go. Good luck everyone!

16. HunterGatherer

Attending Physician
    But you are SuperDOgirl!

17. HunterGatherer

Attending Physician
    Also, at the Open House they said that each interviewer would have a chance to talk to the financial aid rep. Was it a one-on-one or group session?

18. jmv10

jmv10 Member
    7+ Year Member

Group... but they offered the chance to hang out after the interview day was over to talk to anyone available in the office, and I'm assuming that would include the financial aid rep. The whole day was laid back and not stressful at all. It was almost a little TOO laid back... if that's possible! Good luck! :luck:

19. USArmyDoc

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yea, its very laid back. Relax and Good Luck :luck:

20. HunterGatherer

Attending Physician
    Did a search and could not find it. Did you type out your answers to "Why do you want to go to NYCOM' question on a seperate piece of paper?

21. supersash

supersash so what's an epitope?
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i read the interview feedback about the MD interviewer as well, huntergatherer.

i don't see why they were so appalled to be interviewed by an MD. there are more than a few MD's that teach at NYCOM, and most people on the board are constantly saying how everyone needs to come together to stop the "stigma" against DO's. i think an MD teaching at a DO is a good sign. they are certainly not against DO's if they are helping educate them.

now the not speaking great english thing is another whole story. the interview may have went better than they realize though.

22. jmv10

jmv10 Member
    7+ Year Member

i typed answers to all of the questions and the questions themselves on one sheet of paper and attached it to the original sheet. My answer to the "why do you want to go to NYCOM" question was only about three sentences long on my typed sheet because that's all they gave room for on the original. The interviewer looked over my typed sheet periodically during the interview, so I think I made the right decision by squeezing it all onto one page. This made it easier for him to move smoothly through his questions. I am answering this question because i was concerned about this aspect of the interview and couldn't get an answer before my interview! I did ask at the open house, and the assistant director of admissions told me that typing it and writing "see attached" on the original is acceptable. Hope this helps.

23. XKV

XKV Member
    5+ Year Member

LOL...I just typed and pasted my stuff into that little space they gave on the secondary app. It was a little small, but it fit. I had about 5 sentences.

24. Mike2010

Mike2010 Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I had an interview at NYCOM yesterday (12/15). It was real laid back and I thought the school was pretty good as a whole. I don't know when the decisions are going out but I hope they go out before the holidays b/c I owe a deposit at UNECOM by Jan 5 but I'm kind of leaning toward NYCOM as of now.

25. HunterGatherer

Attending Physician
    I wrote up a whole page to that question and now I'm considering junking it for a 5 sentence answer.hmmmm...

26. XKV

XKV Member
    5+ Year Member

Hahaha...the directions said 'within the space provided.' But if the AdOffice says you can attach a sheet and write a full paragraph, go for it.

27. HunterGatherer

Attending Physician
    Thanks everyone. I'll keep it short and sweet.